Pumpkin pies!

Reaction score
Here are some really cool pumpkin pie recipes, just in case you guys needed some extra ideas or wanted to try something new:

43293_f520.jpg

http://embitca.hubpages.com/hub/Cheesecake_Factory_Pumpkin_cheesecake_recipe#

Reaction score
Oooh, I LOVE eating at the Cheesecake Factory and it's cool that there is a replica version of the recipe! I wonder how close it is to the real thing!

Reaction score
are those deep dish pie recipes ? the reason I ask,is that I only have 1 pie pan and it is deep dish,I got it for a apple pie recipe :)

and can I use home made whipped topping instead of cool whip ? I know the home made stuff needs to be ate fairly quickly and I'm not sure if it would mess up that one recipe or not

Reaction score
Some Pumpkin Pie ideas for you PP fanatics like me............

Peach Pumpkin Pie
Graham Cracker/Black Walnut Pumpkin Pie
Chiffon Pumpkin Pie
Candied Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Empanadas
Pumpkin Butterscotch Pie
Pumpkin Sweet Potato Pie
Pumpkin Currant Pie
Pumpkin Pecan Pie (not the same as Candied Pecan PP)
Buttermilk Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Pumpkin Pie with Egg Nog Fluff Topping
Pumpkin Pie Homemade Ice Cream
Pumpkin Flan
Pumpkin Pie Tarts
Pumpkin Pie Mousse
Pumpkin Pie Napoleons
Pumpkin Pie Fritters
Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Pumpkin Pie Filling and Cream Cheese Glaze
Pumpkin Cashew Loaf
Pumpkin Apricot Loaf
Pumpkin Dried Cranberry Loaf
Pumpkin Pie Cookies

Wow, I didn't know I knew so many Pumpkin Pie recipes!!!!!!!!
I am a fanatic!!!! LOL

Reaction score
Oh I was reading about pumpkin pie flan just the other day, I thought it sounded great. I should check that recipe that got in my inbox ;) I personally love flan :) Pumpkin flan is something I definitely need to try!

Reaction score
are those deep dish pie recipes ? the reason I ask,is that I only have 1 pie pan and it is deep dish,I got it for a apple pie recipe :)

and can I use home made whipped topping instead of cool whip ? I know the home made stuff needs to be ate fairly quickly and I'm not sure if it would mess up that one recipe or not

I don't see why not :) I think you might need to adjust ingredients a bit though. As for the homemade whipped... you can serve it on the slice you are going to eat. If you do that I don't think you will have any issues with it at all.

Reaction score
one of the recipes called for the whipped topping to be folded in,the next time i make some whipped topping,I'm going to try and make the version that will last better,I think it called for unflavored gelatin to be used,but I'm not sure about that,with out having to find the recipe for it

i had to look up what flan is and I do have to say,it sounds really great

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-flan.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flan

other than the eel flan mentioned

and no,I've never had eel :)

Reaction score
You don't have to follow every recipe so thoroughly ;) You have to do what works best for you, I personally discarded the idea of folding in the topping. I always do what I think will work best for me ;) Not only in baking but also food ;) So don't worry to experiment and do thing differently, I see online recipes only as guidance :)

If you ever want to prepare flan (highly recommended, it's so great!!!) All you need is eggs, condensed milk and sugar. Some vanilla extract too. I'll post a recipe later ;) You also need a ''flanera'':

Flanera_18_cm_Ekco.jpg

Reaction score
I've got a pumpkin pie in the oven,I have followed the recipe on a Libbys can and it is way to much,since I only have one pie pan :) and I'm not sure how my crust is going to come out,for a change things looked a bit dry instead of to wet,which is weird

I will try to get a picture up,if my camera batteries aren't totally dead

Reaction score
i haven't made the home made whipped topping yet

006.JPG

hmmm mine has some black spots :) but it is a very deep dish one

and i need to work on the crust too

Reaction score
and can you freeze the extra filling ? I have quiet a bit left :)

Yes, you can put it in an airtight container and freeze it. Be sure and put a piece of plastic wrap directly on the top of the leftover before you seal it in the container with the lid. This will help it keep from getting frost bite in the freezer, or the top of it from drying out or getting freezer burn.

Reaction score
Other things you can make with leftover pie fillings.....

Pancakes
Waffles
Muffins
Cupcakes
Cookies
Breads
Empanadas
Mini pies

Reaction score
I put the left over in a old plastic butter bowl,I'm about to place the cling wrap on top of the filling right now

I way over cooked my pie and burnt the shell,it was pretty nasty tasting lol so I just ate most of the filling and yes,it suffered too,i will attempt another one shortly with the left overs Chester,I will make a good one this time :)

Reaction score
I put the left over in a old plastic butter bowl,I'm about to place the cling wrap on top of the filling right now

I way over cooked my pie and burnt the shell,it was pretty nasty tasting lol so I just ate most of the filling and yes,it suffered too,i will attempt another one shortly with the left overs Chester,I will make a good one this time :)

How did you make the crust? Did you bake it first, and then fill it and bake the whole pie?
Or did you put the filling into the raw pie crust?

There are different methods to doing pie crust, and depending on what you are going for, or what type of crust you like...there are different ways of doing a crust.

Reaction score
I baked the crust first , then filled it and baked it,I baked it longer than the recipe called for,it said to test it with a knife and i had problems with getting the filling done,I did follow the recipe on the Libbys can,I usually use a different brand and haven't had a whole lot of problems with it

should I be baking the crust raw ? since I am having a problem with it,I did use an oil based crust,it usually comes out OK,but I'm thinking I need to step up my crust,the one I've been using will com,e out a bit crunchy

which is pretty good in a Lemon Pie,hmmm I baked that crust first too,it could be a pie shell problem Chester,do you have a tried and true easy pie crust recipe ? uuuh with an easy video to follow ? lol just kidding or am I ? ;)

Ask a Question