Pumpkin Spice Cake

Nbd

Reaction score
hello guys, I was searching youtube and I came across this recipe! Can anyone tell me where I can find those piping tips? I am a new baker!

Reaction score
hello guys, I was searching youtube and I came across this recipe! Can anyone tell me where I can find those piping tips? I am a new baker!

They are available online and at cake decorating specialty stores. Amazon and Global Sugar Arts are two of the most popular online sources. I bought my at a cake specialty store.

They can be a bit pricey because they’re really popular right now. For me they are not a great investment as they produce a single specific flower shape.

The other issue with the Russian tips is they work best with a very stiff icing. So if you purchase, use a shortening and powdered sugar icing (aka American buttercream).

If you use a real buttercreams (Swiss meringue and Italian meringue buttercreams), the details/shape are not as sharp.

Using them takes a bit of practice. Squeeze the pastry bag and as the shape begins to form, release the pressure and then slightly pull straight up. You’ll definitely want to practice with the tip before you actually decorate a cake. There are a lot on tutorials online to demonstrate the technique.

Reaction score
I've always gotten my decorating tips from cake supply stores, until ebay came into being.
After that, I got all my baking and decorating supplies off ebay, and paid less than half of the retail prices for them!

I even got my Nordicware specialty pans off there for super cheap prices.

If you live in or near a big city, you might see if any of the large hobby shops like Michaels has any cake decorating classes you can take. I don't know if they still do that or not, but the ones where I live have classes like this in the spring and summer.

Ask a Question