PURPLE VELVET CAKE! :D

Reaction score
This is an AMAZING Purple Velvet Cake Recipe! With the best Cream Cheese Frosting! Such a soft and light sponge with the tastiest frosting in-between 3 layers! Topped off with Bubblegum Sprinkles. Can you think of a better way to enjoy cake!?

Recipe here :)

If you like it please Subscribe! :)

Reaction score
I love seeing a new take on colored cake - I see red velvet so often that a nice shade of purple really looks pretty!

Plus, cream cheese frosting makes everything better, I'm convinced!

Reaction score
I'd probably pass on the bubble gum sprinkles, but it does look pretty. Cream cheese frosting is always a winner.

I do think I'm going to avoid food coloring as much as possible though. I recently read an article that was pretty shocking. It's really not healthy.

I wonder if it's possible to create the color naturally?

Reaction score
I'd probably pass on the bubble gum sprinkles, but it does look pretty. Cream cheese frosting is always a winner.

I do think I'm going to avoid food coloring as much as possible though. I recently read an article that was pretty shocking. It's really not healthy.

I wonder if it's possible to create the color naturally?

Well, theres all sorts and types of food colorings out there. You can even make your own if you are so inclined.

Most food colorings are fake, but there are some out there that are derived from plants and veggies.
Red, green, and brown being the easiest to make from organics. They are more expensive, but you can get them almost anywhere nowadays.

Like pretty much ANY produced/manufactured food or food additive, food coloring is just as bad for you as anything else thats produced and sold in stores.

What the so-called "experts" FAIL to tell people on a constant and consistent basis, is that you would have to eat heavily colored food products EVERY day for many years of your life before it would do any damage......IF any damage occurred at all.

Reaction score
Purple velvet cake just sounds funny. I for one would not want all that sugar although I never heard just how much it was. Did I miss the quantities? Funny presenter. I like it.

Reaction score
Well, theres all sorts and types of food colorings out there. You can even make your own if you are so inclined.

Most food colorings are fake, but there are some out there that are derived from plants and veggies.
Red, green, and brown being the easiest to make from organics. They are more expensive, but you can get them almost anywhere nowadays.

Like pretty much ANY produced/manufactured food or food additive, food coloring is just as bad for you as anything else thats produced and sold in stores.

What the so-called "experts" FAIL to tell people on a constant and consistent basis, is that you would have to eat heavily colored food products EVERY day for many years of your life before it would do any damage......IF any damage occurred at all.

Yes, I agree. Everything is bad for us now days, isn't it? It's just that some of these sound much worse than others, and usually when I bake it's for my kids and grandkids (so I may be a bit over cautious).

I would prefer natural anyway. I'm going to look into this further.

Reaction score
Love it, but wish the icing was also purple :( I love the color, and I'd definitely consider making this, but I'd love it if the icing was purple. I guess I could try adding some food coloring ;) Just to spice things up! Great recipe, I hope to see more purple colored delights on here :) Everything tastes better in purple, specially if it has blueberries ;)

Ask a Question