Quick and Easy Vegan Microwave Cake Recipe

Reaction score
Reaction score
Looks foolproof, but before I try it, how did it taste? I will try it but would I need to add more cocoa to make it taste more chocolatey as it doesn't seem to be enough?

Reaction score
Looks foolproof, but before I try it, how did it taste? I will try it but would I need to add more cocoa to make it taste more chocolatey as it doesn't seem to be enough?

I actually made it for my son who is supposed to be trying to embrace a vegan lifestyle. Sadly he did not take a bite which would have made me feel better. He was not thrilled about the who microwave thing. To me, it was fine, but if you want a stronger chocolate flavour you might add some more but not too much.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I have to say, my cake looked nothing like the one in the picture. I wondered about that and figured it had something to do with the cocoa I might have used. I will check that again.

Reaction score
I have to say, my cake looked nothing like the one in the picture. I wondered about that and figured it had something to do with the cocoa I might have used. I will check that again.

Oh! Then do take a picture next time. I really would be curious to see how it actually looks like! :D (especially since the "official" pic is so strange and looks like it has some special ingredient in that I cannot pinpoint!)

Reaction score
I have to tell you, recently I have been taking pictures, but this time I was not too inclined. It would not have made a pretty picture. I kid you not. It looked somewhat lopsided in the mug. If I try that one again, I will use a small mug and it might actually rise and slightly spill over which would make it more camera ready.:) I am no good at picture taking and the like. Sometimes I want to post a picture here but the cakes won't smile for the cameras. Maybe that has something to do with my baking.:)

Reaction score
Most food pictures are the best ones of much trial and error so I do not go by them so much when I try recipes. I don't have a test kitchen to work with. They do sound so tempting I will give it a try.

Reaction score
I like it! Not sure about wanting to use the microwave tho, but I like the fact this cake sounds so easy! Plus am guessing I'd end up getting a small cake? Great! I like to bake mini cakes, lol.

Reaction score
I have to tell you, recently I have been taking pictures, but this time I was not too inclined. It would not have made a pretty picture. I kid you not. It looked somewhat lopsided in the mug. If I try that one again, I will use a small mug and it might actually rise and slightly spill over which would make it more camera ready.:) I am no good at picture taking and the like. Sometimes I want to post a picture here but the cakes won't smile for the cameras. Maybe that has something to do with my baking.:)

Am curious! Did it taste very nice? Was it a bit wet or was it a bit spongy? I got to try this one day! I have some really cool mini mugs I'd like to try this one :D

Reaction score
Am curious! Did it taste very nice? Was it a bit wet or was it a bit spongy? I got to try this one day! I have some really cool mini mugs I'd like to try this one :D

To me it was surprisingly good. It was somewhat spongy. I felt like it was have been really good with with some vanilla ice cream or something like that. Let's just say I'll try the microwave baking again primarily because it's.......you guessed it.....QUICK AND EASY.

I still think nothing beats an over baked cake from scratch. I feel like the microwave is cheating :)and when you cheat you compromise on some areas.

Reaction score
Oh my!!!! I got to try it!!!! I love making small cakes... using just very few ingredients, but I always end up going so big! Bwahahaha! Yeah, honestly I'm kinda nervous to use microwaves most of the time, but if in a hurry cheating is perfect ;)

Reaction score
http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/the-moistest-chocolate-mug-cake/

I say try this one. As we speak I am asking my son if he wants to have this cake as he loves chocolate but he's not biting. Somehow the microwave idea does not appeal to him and I honestly don't want to be stuck eating it myself. I just want to try it to put it on my "resume". I'll probably try it anyway.

Don't tell him how you cooked it! Now I like this recipe you have just shared and this looks more me. I'm not sure I have a mug that is microwavable, I am sure I do, but not big enough for a cake, so maybe I may have to use a small bowl?

Reaction score
Don't tell him how you cooked it! Now I like this recipe you have just shared and this looks more me. I'm not sure I have a mug that is microwavable, I am sure I do, but not big enough for a cake, so maybe I may have to use a small bowl?

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't have told him until after he ate it, lol. I have some picky ones around here, and I'd keep it on the down low until after they said if they liked it or not. In fact, I think I might try some of these and do just that.

It would be great to have a little chocolate cake when the craving strikes, but not have a big old cake sitting around tempting me for the next week or going to waste. The brownie one sounds quite good too. Thanks to those who shared these.

Reaction score
To me it was surprisingly good. It was somewhat spongy. I felt like it was have been really good with with some vanilla ice cream or something like that. Let's just say I'll try the microwave baking again primarily because it's.......you guessed it.....QUICK AND EASY.

I still think nothing beats an over baked cake from scratch. I feel like the microwave is cheating :)and when you cheat you compromise on some areas.

Oh, I actually read a comment from a vegan once who talked about whipping some coconut cream with raspberry syrup. I have some cherry syrup at home, I think it'd go great with cream on a cake! Or brownie. Mmmm.

Reaction score

I recently tried making a mug cake, and I have to agree that I found it spongy. It smelled good. It tasted good. I just didn't really care much for the texture. I thought I did something wrong, so I'm glad to know that it just comes out that way and it wasn't me. Haha.

Ask a Question