Quick Biscuits

Reaction score
This is a tried and true recipe for biscuits that I've done many times. They are quick and easy to make, so you can make these for breakfast in no time. I love to eat them warm with butter or jam.

2 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup milk

Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add milk and melted butter. Thoroughly mix ingredients. Place dough on floured board. Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut rounds with biscuit cutter. Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown at 400 degrees. Yield: 16 2" biscuits

I usually double the recipe to get more biscuits.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your recipe. This looks like an easy and appetizing biscuit recipe. I'll definitely try it out. I love simple recipes that don't have a long ingredient list.

Reaction score
When my children were little, I aways used a biscuit recipe that used oil rather than shortening. It was easy to mix up and always came out nice and light. It was like your recipe, just oil rather than melted butter. I am going to try your recipe because I think the butter would make a much richer tasting biscuit.

Reaction score
I would love to learn how to make the buscuits you get at Popeyes or KFC. They are the best buttery biscuits in the world. They are so good that I can just eat them as is, but I slather mine with honey and butter.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your recipe! I have two kids that like to eat biscuits out of this world. I'm going to give this a try!

Reaction score
Sounds mouth watering. I'd like to try them with scrambled eggs. Do you know how they'd work as a drop biscuit?

Reaction score
Sounds mouth watering. I'd like to try them with scrambled eggs. Do you know how they'd work as a drop biscuit?
I never thought about making them as drop biscuits. I should give it a try and see how they work out. Sure would save the work of rolling out the dough and cutting them out. I'll share the results here.

Reaction score
Today I tried making the biscuits as drop biscuits. I had doubled the recipe. They turned out quite nicely; they tasted great but a bit moister. I have a few tips:
When you double the recipe for roll out biscuits, double everything exactly except for the milk and the baking powder. Put 1 1/4 cups of milk instead of the exact double of 1 1/2 cups. Otherwise the biscuit dough will be too sticky. And with the baking powder add another teaspoon so the biscuits will be bigger. Also, if you want to make the biscuits as drop biscuits, doubled or not doubled, add more milk to the dough to make the dough a bit sticky so you can drop the dough from spoon to pan. Don't add too much milk though! I only needed a little bit.
This recipe is great for me because I can make either roll out biscuits or drop biscuits from one recipe. Roll out biscuits are uniform, but drop biscuits are quick to make. Hope this helps. :)

Reaction score
For that nice, buttery top a lot of the biscuits have, melt butter in your baking pan, the dip each biscuit top in the oil and turn it over to put it in the pan. That way both the top and the bottom have that delicious buttery coating on them. Yum

Reaction score
If you have a box of Bisquick around, they literally have the easiest biscuit recipe. It's just Bisquick and milk. I noticed it on the box when I was running low on baking ingredients.
Or you can do the famous 7UP Bisquick biscuits that are making the rounds on Pinterest.
dbb4ef24c582a5315c7e209f8a92fb77.jpg

Reaction score
I am the worst at makeing biscuts but these recipes look like they come together with out much effort. Maybe one of these will work out for me.

Ask a Question