Quick & easy?

Reaction score
Of course we all love a challenge, but for those times when you just want something quick and easy I thought this would be an interesting thread to start...what is the easiest dessert you've ever baked? :)

Reaction score
I'd probably have to say cookie bars instead of drop cookies is the easiest thing I've made (unless we're including no bake recipes). For cookie bars you just mix it all up, pour it the pan, bake, cut into squares, done!

Reaction score
The easiest desert I've ever made is a dessert that requires no baking: no bake cheese pie. Basically I use gelatin to thick up the pie, I leave it in the fridge for some hours and voila... I don't bake the crust either, I just leave it in the freezer for 5 minutes or so... that is enough.

Reaction score
what is the easiest dessert you've ever baked? :)
I can't really come up with one that I have baked that really qualifies as an easy dessert.

I have done a no bake one which needed a little grilling? Does that count.

Summer fruits covered with mascarpone and sugar.
Put the summer fruits (mashed or with a little juice is ideal, softening and just starting to go past their best is ideal) into an oven proof dish, and cover with mascarpone and smooth down (this takes a little doing but it does smooth down). Sprinkle liberally with a brown sugar (my pref was Demerara) and then put under a grill (this being a UK grill, so element at the top is needed) on the highest setting until the sugar is starting to burn. The mascarpone should be starting to soften as well. You can just brown the sugar off with a gas burner but the mascarpone does not get warm enough in my experience.

Reaction score
Graham Yummy Bars
Graham cracker crumbs
Sweetened condensed milk
Chocolate chips, nuts,marshmallows or whatever you want to mix in
In the oven for 20 minutes.
Done.

Reaction score
If cookies qualify, it would have to be the three ingredient nutella cookie I baked some months back. It was actually the first time I used nutella. I bought it just for the recipe and my husband as I remember liked it quite a bit. To my surprise he commented that it was not as sweet as other cookies.

Reaction score
The easiest dessert I had ever made is my mango gelatin. You have just to boil the mixture of pure mango juice, water and sugar. When already boiling turn off the fire and put either fresh milk, evaporated or all purpose cream of your choice for a creamier taste
Then on a molding pan put some chopped ripe mangoes and pour the gelatin mixture. Let it set and cool before serving. You can decorate the gelatin with some whipped cream and it is really delicious!!!

Reaction score
So many fantastic ideas- thanks guys! I love a good no bake, and that grilled fruit idea is amazing as well <3 always nice to have a few easy tricks up your sleeve.

Ask a Question