Quick Recipe Cakes

Reaction score
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you need to prepare a cake fast? Whether you have forgotten a birthday or a dear friend will be calling round in the afternoon at short notice, it is always handy to know a speedy recipe. Sometimes you are just busy with very little time. It normally takes longer to bake a cake than decorate it, so a basic sponge cake can speed up the overall time. On my daughter's last birthday, I threw together a quick recipe and had a beautiful elaborate cake baked and decorated inside two hours. I felt it was far more important to decorate the cake, so I used a very simple sponge cake recipe. The sponge cake itself took only thirty minutes in the oven. I later decorated the cake with lilac icing, sugar flowers, glitter and a giant yellow bow. The ingredients for the sponge mix was simply eggs, flour, butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Simply beat the eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla essence together, then fold in the flour. Divide the mix between two greased cake tins. I'm sure some of you have some amazing quick recipes for cakes?

Ask a Question