Quickbreads

Reaction score
Which are your favourite to make?

I always keep a few bananas in the freezer to make banana bread with, my partner loves to bring it to work and it's great for breakfasts too. Sometimes I'll bake it in a muffin tin instead of a loaf pan and then freeze them to have snacks on hand.

Apple bread is another one that I make a lot. I leave the apples in big chunks and top the loaves with a cinnamon sugar walnut streusel. Chocolate zucchini bread is delicious too, although I have a feeling the health benefits of the zucchini is probably offset by all the sugar and chocolate chips.

I feel like quickbreads are a great base to add different flavours to, and it seems like almost any kind of fruit works well. I like to make them sometimes and wrap them up to bring as a hostess gift when we go visiting :)

Reaction score
IMG_20150307_163711.jpg That's my first ever banana bread and I was thrilled. I'm still a newbie baker and I will never forget the delight I felt after I made that bread. I think what took me further over the moon was the fact my son loved it. I just have not had any overripe bananas in a while. Anytime I buy nice firm bananas they are gone in no time. My supplier of overripe bananas has been my mom but she has no supply of late.

I'd been happy to see that apple bread recipe by the way. The hostess gift also sounds like a nice touch.

Reaction score
I haven't really done banana bread nor apple bread. Both are fruits my king absolutely loves. Any good (and easy) you guys would be willing to share?

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of banana bread too - it's a firm favorite here and I love that it means no bananas in our house go to waste.

I also add things in a lot of the time like some coconut, or blueberries, or chocolate chips, to mix it up a little bit and give the banana bread a different flavor burst. It's pretty versatile which is another reason we enjoy it so much.

Reaction score
Banana bread :) Because it's a great way to make use of those super ripe bananas ;) I think ripe bananas are one of the easiest to find ingredients ever. We always freeze the super ripe bananas in order to be able to use them later to make some banana bread.

Reaction score
Before the forum I would never have thought to freeze bananas. I can't tell you how many bananas my mom must have thrown out over the years. She grows them to sell in the market or used to more so when I was a child. I was the most surprised person when she said some months back that she didn't have any. Before I used to bake from scratch, I used to tell her not to send me so many as they would spoil on me and I would throw them out. I am sorry it took me this long to realise what a big mistake we were making. Funny enough now, when I would be happy with a few they are not available. Waste not, want now I guess.

Reaction score
i have never heard of freezing Banana's either,could somebody post an easy recipe for Banana Quick bread,for a beginner like me ? it sounds like something that I would be really interested in trying

Ask a Question