RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE RECIPE

Reaction score
Raspberry-Cream-Cheese-Coffee-Cake.jpg

http://diethood.com/raspberry-cream-cheese-coffee-cake-recipe/

I found this beauty yesterday while looking for breakfast recipes :) I might actually try it when I move to the new house :) I might replace the raspberries with blackberries though.

Reaction score
Yum, that looks delicious. I often replace cream cheese with neufchatel when I'm baking, and I've never had a recipe turn out any differently. This is nice and light for Spring/Easter.

Reaction score
Nice! So I am guessing the same can be done when I can't find neufchatel? I don't know the place where I am moving to, so I don't know if I'll find it. Actually I was worried about that before pinning the recipe, but I figured out I'd try it without it and see how it goes.

Reaction score
Substituting the lower fat version of cream cheese is a good idea.

My sister in law would go crazy for this recipe. I'll have to send it to her. She loves all things raspberry.

Reaction score
Nice! So I am guessing the same can be done when I can't find neufchatel? I don't know the place where I am moving to, so I don't know if I'll find it. Actually I was worried about that before pinning the recipe, but I figured out I'd try it without it and see how it goes.

If you can't find the neufchatel cheese, you could probably just use light cream cheese, or regular if you're not looking to cut the calories/fat in the dish.

Here are some other substitutions, but they don't specify calories or fat content:
Substitute for Cream cheese
Equal parts of cottage cheese, drained, blended with half-and-half or cream + a little butter
8 oz lower fat cottage cheese 1/4 cup margarine
Equal amts.. of lower fat (Neufchatel) cream cheese
Equal parts of ricotta cheese plus plain yogurt

Read more from GourmetSleuth.com: http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/ingredients/detail/cream-cheese#ixzz40j8Ba5nB

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, it's good to know :) I hope I can find all my baking supplies over there, but if not I'll use that site. Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
This looks lovely! I love raspberry baked goods. One of my favorite combinations for baked treats is raspberry and white chocolate - so yummy! I wonder how this would taste with some white chocolate chips added!

Ask a Question