Homemade Vegan Raw Brownie Recipe

Reaction score
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups walnuts
  • pinch sea salt
  • 13-14 large Medjool dates, pitted
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (you could also use mint extract or cherry extract, or orange...)
Instructions
  1. Place walnuts and salt in a food processor.
  2. Process until finely ground.
  3. Add remaining ingredients and process until all mixed and uniformly crumbly.
  4. With the machine running, add a few drops of water at a time, just until the mass starts to stick together in a big ball. (Better to add too little that too much!)
  5. Roll mixture into balls or press into a square pan and cut into squares.
  6. Balls can then be rolled in dried coconut, chopped nuts, or cocoa powder if you wish.

Reaction score
Sounds very interesting what do they taste like? Do the dates give them a lot of sweetness?

Reaction score
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups walnuts
  • pinch sea salt
  • 13-14 large Medjool dates, pitted
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (you could also use mint extract or cherry extract, or orange...)
Instructions
  1. Place walnuts and salt in a food processor.
  2. Process until finely ground.
  3. Add remaining ingredients and process until all mixed and uniformly crumbly.
  4. With the machine running, add a few drops of water at a time, just until the mass starts to stick together in a big ball. (Better to add too little that too much!)
  5. Roll mixture into balls or press into a square pan and cut into squares.
  6. Balls can then be rolled in dried coconut, chopped nuts, or cocoa powder if you wish.

Raw brownies are very good! I haven't made any in a while. Dates are a little on the pricey side but a great natural sweetener. Walnuts can also be a bit high in price but they are usually cheaper in bulk.

Reaction score
This recipe sounds nice but I hate dates! I wonder if I could replace them with cherries perhaps? It might change the taste but l'm up for an experiment:)

Reaction score
Sounds very interesting what do they taste like? Do the dates give them a lot of sweetness?

Dates are packed with natural sugars. If you put enough dates in the mix you won't need to add another sweetener. Dates are much sweeter than I thought.

Reaction score
This recipe sounds nice but I hate dates! I wonder if I could replace them with cherries perhaps? It might change the taste but l'm up for an experiment:)
I don't know about cherries, I guess you could. I have used raisins as a good replacer for dates. Cherries are soft so the brownie mix may come out a little different.

Reaction score
My friend is currently trying a vegan diet so I'll have to recommend this to her!

Ask a Question