Re-purposing Halloween candy?

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you have any go-to ideas for using up some of that excess Halloween candy in creative ways. (Short of midnight snacking after the kids are in bed ;).)

Reaction score
You can use candy corn in place of butterscotch chips in cookies. I also will cut up candy bars and put them in vanilla pudding with fruit. Both are simple and good ways to use up the rest of the candy.

Reaction score
You can cut up mini candy bars and bake them inside of cup cakes. They are also a fun treat in cookies instead of chocolate chips.

Reaction score
Ohh thanks for the ideas everyone! I'm loving the creativity of some of these- SweetTarts milkshake?? That's either insane or brilliant, but I want to try it to find out ;). And what a fun collection, Trellum, I love the frozen banana pops...I could feel slightly "healthy" with that option :).

Reaction score
I have made nerd blizzards at home and they were a hit. I took vanilla ice cream, milk and nerds and put them in the blender on the mixing mode for just a second. I've also made homemade sugar cookies with added skittles or other variations such as snickers, etc.

Reaction score
SweetKYmom, there is definitely something to that homemade blizzard idea, sounds fantastic! You didn't think it was crazy sweet? I think my boys would enjoy it either way, I'm just trying to gauge if I would like it too, lol.

Reaction score
You could make Halloween bark. This big picture is pretty self explanatory.
8edfdcdfec025a7af0a87e173fe10887.jpg

Reaction score
You could make Halloween bark. This big picture is pretty self explanatory.
8edfdcdfec025a7af0a87e173fe10887.jpg

Oh, yeah I'd say that picture does explain enough ;), I hadn't really considered a bark but that could be a good way to use up small amounts of random candies. Thanks for the inspiration :).

Reaction score
If your Halloween candy is pretty fresh and doesn't expire for a while, you could make one of these harvest themed candy bouquets as a cheap Thanksgiving gift.
62d349ed7262abe6fbaa8e277b9d04dd.jpg

Reaction score
If your Halloween candy is pretty fresh and doesn't expire for a while, you could make one of these harvest themed candy bouquets as a cheap Thanksgiving gift.
62d349ed7262abe6fbaa8e277b9d04dd.jpg

These are so cute and creative for a little chocolate attack ;). I have done them for birthdays (saw one really quite "bouquet" with soda and candy too) and one for Father's day for my husband, but I hadn't thought of them in terms of Fall/Thanksgiving, what a fun way to utilize all that excess candy this time of year :).

Ask a Question