Rebaking a pie?

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Last night I made a cranberry cheese nog pie from an old family recipe. I pulled the pie out and noticed it was still a little liquidy, but I assumed once I chilled it the pie would firm up...Nope.:( Can I put it back in the oven from cold? I hope so 'cause I made four! Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Supergus1! Sorry to hear about your pie. I've never heard of a cranberry cheese nog pie before, could you share the recipe? Does the pie have a crust on the top and bottom?

Reaction score
Its basically cream cheese, eggnog, fresh cranberries, sugar and eggs. It just has a bottom crust. I don't dare share the specifics because I'm afraid my mom will come back to haunt me! It took me 20 years to get her to share it with me. My sister in law had to actually sneak into her kitchen late at night and copy the recipe!

Reaction score
Sounds yummy! So it's meant to be like a set custard once baked? If so then it should be baked until there is a slight jiggle in the middle when you (gently) shake it. The fact that it has fresh fruit may cause problems though, as they will release their liquid once they are cooked and come in contact with sugar. Often starch is used to firm up fruit pies (such as cornstarch or tapioca), but I don't enough about the recipe to know whether that would work here. As to whether you can re-bake it, I think it might work but it would be a good idea to test it with one pie first.

Ask a Question