Recent Cakes

Reaction score
well, I've done a few birthdays recently. My dads birthday where I made fishing themed cupcakes plus others kinds. For my sisters fiancé I made cookies and cream cupcakes and marble cupcakes. Then my niece Emma turned 6 years old and I made her a six inch round cake for her actual birthday and a Trolls birthday cake for her party as well as two different kinds of cupcakes. I uploaded pictures of them if you want too see. I love how they turned out.
I've been learning new piping techniques as well and been having fun with it. Today I'm baking a cake for my niece Katy's 12th birthday. Will post a picture later on.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_1578.JPG
    IMG_1578.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_1579.JPG
    IMG_1579.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_1599.JPG
    IMG_1599.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_1611.JPG
    IMG_1611.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_1612.JPG
    IMG_1612.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 363
Reaction score
well, I've done a few birthdays recently. My dads birthday where I made fishing themed cupcakes plus others kinds. For my sisters fiancé I made cookies and cream cupcakes and marble cupcakes. Then my niece Emma turned 6 years old and I made her a six inch round cake for her actual birthday and a Trolls birthday cake for her party as well as two different kinds of cupcakes. I uploaded pictures of them if you want too see. I love how they turned out.
I've been learning new piping techniques as well and been having fun with it. Today I'm baking a cake for my niece Katy's 12th birthday. Will post a picture later on.

Wow you have been busy! Looking forward to seeing your next cake.

Reaction score
This is my newest cake. I made it for my niece Katy's birthday. She requested pink and black and zebra print. The inside of the cake is also pink and black zebra print. Will post pictures later.
This cake isn't perfect but I think it turned out cute and will be perfect for a soon to be twelve year old girl. She's gonna love it!

Attachments

• IMG_1632.JPG
    IMG_1632.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 357
Reaction score
This is my newest cake. I made it for my niece Katy's birthday. She requested pink and black and zebra print. The inside of the cake is also pink and black zebra print. Will post pictures later.
This cake isn't perfect but I think it turned out cute and will be perfect for a soon to be twelve year old girl. She's gonna love it!

That's a cute cake. I'm sure your niece will love it. It's always fun to bake for the kids because the kids get so excited about cake:D

Reaction score
The inside of my nieces birthday cake. Love the zebra stripes. She absolutely loved her cake. She thought the inside looked "beautiful"
Such a nice compliment from my niece.

Attachments

• IMG_1635.JPG
    IMG_1635.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 353
Reaction score
The inside of my nieces birthday cake. Love the zebra stripes. She absolutely loved her cake. She thought the inside looked "beautiful"
I love the pattern inside of the cake! Did you spoon batter in alternate colors in the cake pan to achieve that effect?

Reaction score

Wow, that looks amazing inside! Cake is such a wonderful example of how food shapes our cultural identity and binds us to family and community.

Reaction score
I love the pattern inside of the cake! Did you spoon batter in alternate colors in the cake pan to achieve that effect?

I scooped the white batter in the center, then black on top of that, then pink. Just keep doing that. I tapped that pan flat on the counter a few times here and there to make sure the batter spread to the sides of the pan.

Reaction score
I'm just getting business into full swing (though i've been at it almost a year!), so here are a couple things i've mashed up:
2017-04-16_20.40.12.jpg Toasted Turtle - Chocolate, caramel, pecan
2017-04-16_22.23.45.jpg Dirty Peach - Peaches, peach brandy, vanilla cake, peach schnapps icing, candied ginger
20161122_161518.jpg Pineapple Tipsy - Malibu Coconut Rum, pineapples, yellow cake, toasted coconut
20161231_185320.jpg Raspberry Kisses - Chambourd in white cake
20170222_212528.jpg Chocoholic - Triple chocolate cake, vanilla and dark ch ganache, choc tidbits
golden.png Just Golden - Sweet cream butter, yellow cake, cream cheese frosting
henn.jpg Heavenly Hennessey - Hennessey cognac, yellow cake, homemade cognac caramel

Reaction score
I'm eyeing that Hennessy cake. I love baking with Hennessy. It's my go to for booze in cake. Add it too a sweet potato pie some time--it's yummy

Reaction score
I'd have to say the Henny is my least favorite because i just don't like cognac, but it's my signature cake because that's what started it all. I made it for my friend's birthday and one of our friends was adamant that i should be selling them. and here we are... but that pie tho... i was thinking of going with Oakheart (spiced Bacardi), but that could be quite tasty!

Reaction score
I'd have to say the Henny is my least favorite because i just don't like cognac, but it's my signature cake because that's what started it all. I made it for my friend's birthday and one of our friends was adamant that i should be selling them. and here we are... but that pie tho... i was thinking of going with Oakheart (spiced Bacardi), but that could be quite tasty!

I use a sweet potato pie recipe that is a riff off Mary Randolph's sweet potato pie. Mary Randolph published what is considered by food historians to be the first cookbook in the United States. Her brother was married to Thomas Jefferson's daughter Martha. Her cousin was married to General Robert E Lee. Mary Randolph was the first person to be buried in Arlington cemetery. So I make her sweet potato pie for Thanksgiving as tribute to America heritage.

Reaction score

:) This cake is also beautiful

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 309
Reaction score
I'm just getting business into full swing (though i've been at it almost a year!), so here are a couple things i've mashed up:
View attachment 1078 Toasted Turtle - Chocolate, caramel, pecan
View attachment 1079 Dirty Peach - Peaches, peach brandy, vanilla cake, peach schnapps icing, candied ginger
View attachment 1080 Pineapple Tipsy - Malibu Coconut Rum, pineapples, yellow cake, toasted coconut
View attachment 1081 Raspberry Kisses - Chambourd in white cake
View attachment 1082 Chocoholic - Triple chocolate cake, vanilla and dark ch ganache, choc tidbits
View attachment 1083 Just Golden - Sweet cream butter, yellow cake, cream cheese frosting
View attachment 1077 Heavenly Hennessey - Hennessey cognac, yellow cake, homemade cognac caramel
That toasted turtle..... maybe a splash of Godiva dark chocolate? :D I just might have to take a trip for that cake!!

Reaction score
View attachment 1078 Toasted Turtle - Chocolate, caramel, pecan
View attachment 1079 Dirty Peach - Peaches, peach brandy, vanilla cake, peach schnapps icing, candied ginger
View attachment 1080 Pineapple Tipsy - Malibu Coconut Rum, pineapples, yellow cake, toasted coconut
View attachment 1081 Raspberry Kisses - Chambourd in white cake
View attachment 1082 Chocoholic - Triple chocolate cake, vanilla and dark ch ganache, choc tidbits
View attachment 1083 Just Golden - Sweet cream butter, yellow cake, cream cheese frosting
View attachment 1077 Heavenly Hennessey - Hennessey cognac, yellow cake, homemade cognac caramel

You said the magic word...................

PEACH!!!!

images

Ask a Question