Recipe for "My First Ever Cake"?

Reaction score
My five year old niece wants me to let her bake her own cake. I'm not a baker myself, and I'm panicking because her parents allowed her to do so with my assistance, so now I'm hoping for some easy-to-bake cakes that my niece could actually be contented of doing because, apparently, she wants to experience being "young and wild and free". Kids these days, haha!

Anyways, I was hoping if you guys could share with me a dish we could do together (or at least, my niece could do mostly on her own), that generally involves me simply 1.) doing the baking itself and 2.) cutting things for her, but still lets her do most of the fun that might not endanger her fingers or other parts of her body?

She also likes a lot of chocolate, too, could this be a problem? Thanks!

Reaction score
I would use a simple box cake mix to keep it simple and make the frosting from scratch. Here is a simple chocolate frosting recipe.
Simple Chocolate Frosting

Ingredients
Evaporated milk - ⅓ cup
Powdered sugar - 1 cup
Semi-sweet chocolate pieces - 6 ounce package
Procedure
First take a saucepan and put the chocolate pieces and evaporated milk into it. Keep the saucepan over low heat and keep stirring the mixture to make it thick and smooth. Once the mixture becomes thick and smooth, remove it from the heat and add powdered sugar to it. Stir this mixture until it becomes completely smooth. You can add some evaporated milk if you find that the frosting mixture has become too thick.

Ask a Question