Recipe suggestions for using quaker oats?

Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions about what to bake with Quaker oats? I need to eat more Oats, but would rather bake them than make oatmeal.

I was thinking of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins or an Oatmeal bread. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that they can share?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reaction score
All of the recipes I know for baking with oats are so full of butter and sugar that it would more than cancel out any health benefits I'm afraid!

I have heard that they are nice blended into yogurt smoothies with fruit, that might be worth trying if you fancy something a bit different.

Reaction score
I use rolled oats to make absolutely incredible energy/protein bars! They don't require any baking, and they last a long time without refrigeration. They keep your energy levels high without the jitters you can get from caffeine. Plus, they cost a fraction of what you can buy in the stores (that's full of preservatives and doesn't taste nearly as good).

The recipe is not mine, I found it on a youtube video.

Reaction score
I throw oatmeal into a lot of different things but I think my favorite is in sweet breads. I just replace a bit of the flour with oats or add the oats in addition to depending on how the recipe looks. If its really wet a bit of oats wont hurt. I like the nutty flavors it adds. You can also just throw the oats in a food processor or blender and make a flour out of it. It makes awesome pancakes!

Reaction score
I usually add some oat meal to recipes for things like muffins, pancakes, or even bread and meatloaf. I just replace part of the flour with oatmeal, and if necessary, I put it in the processor or blender for a jiffy to make it more flour-like. Most recipes you can use it as is though.
I watched the protein bar video, and those look totally awesome, and anything that I don't have to cook, has got to be even better.....I will be definitely making these to have with my breakfast coffee.

Reaction score
THIS IS NOT A HEALTH FOOD. When I was a kid I enjoyed Fudge Jumbles, a mix of fudgy goodness on an oatmeal cookie base. Pillsbury discontinued it, but a few copycat recipes exist:

Fudge Jumbles
1 C. margarine
2 C. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 C. oatmeal (I use quick cooking)

Mix above ingredients and spread 2/3 of mixture in greased and floured jelly-roll pan.

Filling:
1 bag (12 oz.) chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 T. margarine
2 tsp. vanilla
1 C. chopped nuts (opt.)

Melt in microwave and pour over batter. Drop rest of first mixture over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

Reaction score
I have a friend that has to use Oats as a replacement for wheat flour. If your blender is strong enough you can put it in until the oats are very fine. You might have to pulse it, or use a spoon in between intervals and stir to make sure the oats are evenly blended. Then you can use it as a substitute for any flour recipe. 1 Cup Oats is usually the same as 1 Cup Oat flour. I have done this to make Oat Flour pancakes. They are really good! You can use your standard pancake recipe, like this one:

1¾ cup freshly ground oat flour
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1½ tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
My husband did not even notice the difference in taste when I used it. Happy baking!

Reaction score
I love my no bake cookies that require oatmeal. You could always double up on the oats and other ingredients to get more if you wanted to.

Reaction score
I have quite a few recipes that use oats but I can't say that any of them are very healthy! :) After all, when I need to use up some oats, I just whip up a batch of no-bake cookies! Of course, granola bars are always a tasty and a bit healthier option.

Reaction score
No bake chocolate peanut butter cookies!
2 cups sugar
4 tbs cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tbs vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal
Wax paper
Heat sugar, butter, milk, pb, and vanilla in pot over meduim heat, stirring constantly so it won't burn. Once it is smooth take off heat, add oatmeal and stir until combined. Take a spoon and dollop tbs sized mixture on wax paper. Cool in fridge for a couple hours to overnight.
These are so yummy. I called them cow patties growing up, haha.

Reaction score
If your desire is to eat healthy what you could do is add your favorite nuts,fruits,your favorite supplement drink and a malta; just run these ingredients in the blender and you'll get a tasty shake with lots of nutritional value that is also filling.

Ask a Question