Recipes: Gingerbread-Type Recipes

Reaction score
I got a craving a while ago for gingerbread, but I'm not sure if I want gingerbread, exactly, or perhaps gingersnaps, or another gingerbread-type product, so I did a search, and came up with this link. http://www.brit.co/gingerbread-recipes/

I'm going to bookmark this, because it has many recipes I'd like to try, and has a nice variety of them, which is why I posted it here in the Baker Banter Section, not under one particular type of recipe thread. The gingerbread spice dutch baby and gingerbread granola are making me extremely hungry, even though I just gorged myself on tostadas. The trifle picture is making me drool.

Reaction score
I have always wanted to try making my own gingerbread house :) It'd sound like such an interesting project to work in with my little niece, I bet she'd love to decorate it. I might try that recipe out one of these days =D

Reaction score
I have always wanted to try making my own gingerbread house :) It'd sound like such an interesting project to work in with my little niece, I bet she'd love to decorate it. I might try that recipe out one of these days =D

You could start off small, or there are kits you can buy, where I think it pretty much comes with what you need, and you just assemble it. I have made small ones before with graham crackers, and that's fun to do with children. You put them together with royal icing, and can make royal icing trees to go outside of them, and/or put a miniature one indoors, for a Christmas tree.

Reaction score
You could start off small, or there are kits you can buy, where I think it pretty much comes with what you need, and you just assemble it. I have made small ones before with graham crackers, and that's fun to do with children. You put them together with royal icing, and can make royal icing trees to go outside of them, and/or put a miniature one indoors, for a Christmas tree.

That sounds like such a delightful and cute idea! I haven't seen any of those kits, but I haven't had the luck to stay long enough in that country, I will have more time to look once I move there :) I'm so looking forward to getting creative like this with my little niece, we will surely make a mess, but who cares :D

Ask a Question