Recipes to sooth the mind

Reaction score
I stated in my last post that I have a daughter that faces challenges every day. I have found cooking helps her quite her thoughts. She loves to bake cakes, even though she eats gluten free most of the time. I've found great tasting cake recipes. My daughter may decide to add her favorite toppings to these type of cake. She enjoys mixing all the ingredients together, and, gets exciting to see the cake in the oven baking, and rising. Baking cakes is one of her favorite things to cook, due to the fact, she bakes them alot for birthday gatherings. Baking does sooth the mind. What recipes soothes your mind?

Reaction score
Making cookies seems to sooth my mind quite a bit because it takes a while to make and bake them. I sort of get lost in the moment when I pull each batch out of the oven and smell the goodness that will be dessert. I have never been good at decorating cakes, but you can escape into your thoughts when you are doing this as well because it is an artform.

Reaction score
I definitely enjoy baking to ease my mind. Its like I've mentioned before in other threads: Its nice to know that even on my roughest day, I can go into the kitchen and by combining a few key ingredients, I can make something very tasty.

There are also a few savory dishes that I like to cook that will calm me down. Macaroni and cheese, in particular, is definitely one of them. I think its knowing that when I'm done, I will be eating cheesy noodle goodness!

Ask a Question