Recipes Using Fresh Peaches!

Reaction score
I just went peach picking with my grandmother, and the peaches taste absolutely glorious! I have a ton to use now though! I would hate for it to go to waste. Anyone know any good peach recipes? I would love some creative ones... It would be awesome if someone knew a peach cupcake recipe??

Thanks you guys!

Reaction score
Someplace I think I have a recipe for upside down peach muffins. I'll try to find it. Also, my husband just sent me this, which I think I'll be making in the next week. (although I still have to find the fresh peaches! ;) )

Peach and Pecan Sandy Crumble
This crumble is a mash-up between a standard peach crumble and pecan sandies cookies. You’ll get the best pecan flavor here by toasting your nuts as deeply as you can get away with; keeping a close eye on them and not just relying on a set time will be the best way to pull this off. As is my preference, this is not a very sweet dessert; the topping is moderately sweet and the fruit base is still pretty tart with only 1/2 cup sugar for 4 pounds of fruit. Use 3/4 cup if you like a more traditional sweet-tart crumble and double it if you like sweet pies. If serving this with vanilla ice cream, as we did, however, the tartness that comes from 1/2 cup sugar will play off the sweet vanilla dreamily.
This makes a large crumble, ideal for a crowd of 12 to 15 (if served petitely). You can halve it and bake it in an 8×8, 9×9 or other 2-quart baking dish.
Pecan sandy topping
1 cup raw pecans
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons coarse sugar, such as Turbinado or Sugar in the Raw; use granulated if you have neither
3/4 teaspoon table salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or you can use bourbon; I’ll never tell)

Filling
3 1/2 to 4 pounds peaches
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
A couple pinches of salt

Make topping: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the nuts out in one layer on a baking sheet and bake them, stirring occasionally, until they are well browned, 10 to 13 minutes (they will smell toasted and nutty but keep an eye on them towards the end so yours do not burn). Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool.
In a food processor, coarsely chop 1/4 cup of cooled pecans, then set them aside in a small dish. Put remaining pecans (3/4 cup) in food processor along with about one-quarter of your flour (you can eyeballs this) and grind the nuts until they’re as powdery as possible. Add the remaining flour, powdered sugar, salt, baking powder and pulse the machine two or three times, just to combine. Transfer dry mixture a bowl and add melted butter and vanilla. Stir this together until small and large clumps form, then stir in coarsely chopped pecans. Refrigerate until needed.
Make filling: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Halve and pit your peaches, then cut them into chunks, smaller if they’re firm, large ones if the peaches are already soft. In the bottom of 3- to 4-quart (a 9×13, such as a deep lasagna pan, works here) works fine here) ovenproof baking dish, toss the peach chunks with sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Remove topping from refrigerator and cover fruit thickly and evenly with topping. Bake until crumble topping is golden brown in places and fruit is bubbling and begins to creep up over the topping a little, about 40 to 50 minutes. If your topping browns too much before this happens (this doesn’t happen in my oven, but just in case) you can cover the top with foil until it is done baking.

Let cool slightly before serving, ideally with vanilla ice cream.

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I haven't heard of alot of recipes that use peaches! I bet they would be great. I would think a good substitute for apple pie would be peaches, a delicious peach pie.

Reaction score
I am not good at making pie crust, but I do like to make peach cobbler. I is so easy and so delicious. I just use a biscuit type of mix, it add more sugar to the recipe, and make it thin enough to pour, or dribble, into the pan. Then I add the peaches, sugar/brown sugar, and spices ( I usually use apple pie spice), and dribble more biscuit mix on the top, and bake it.
It is wonderful, either hott or cold, and you can make it in individual serving sizes or in a large cake pan, depending on how much you want to make.

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Peach cobbler was definitely on my list... Today I am making Peach Cobbler Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting! I'm excited to see how they'll turn out.

Reaction score
I had the same "problem" last week and I did a couple of things...
1. I made a peach galette. The lazyman's pie, but just as tasty
2. I know this isn't a baking recipe, but I made a salsa with it and added some red onions, cilantro, tomatoes and put it over our fish
3. I didn't make this, but saw it in a martha stewart magazine last week and it had poached stone fruit over brioche toast and greek yogurt. a good easy, summertime dessert.
Enjoy!

Reaction score
  • Conversation started August 19, 2009

• 8:27am

Upside-Down Peach Muffins
    Upside-Down Peach Muffins
    Rated:
    Upside down Peach Muffins
    Submitted By: Geraldine Grisdale
    Photo By: Leigh
    Prep Time: 15 Minutes
    Cook Time: 30 Minutes Ready In: 45 Minutes
    Servings: 18
    "Mt. Pleasant, Michigan's Geraldine Grisdale showcases her state's fine peach crop in these novel muffins. 'They make pretty individual servings for breakfast, a snack or even dessert,' comments Geraldine."
    Ingredients:
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup shortening, melted 2 eggs, lightly beaten
    1 cup milk
    6 tablespoons butter or margarine
    1 1/8 cups packed brown sugar
    3 cups peeled, sliced ripe peaches
    Directions:
    1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add shortening, eggs and milk; mix until smooth. In the bottom of 18 greased muffin cups, place 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Place in a 375 degrees F oven for 5 minutes. Arrange peaches in the muffin cups. fill each half full with batter. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until browned. Turn out of pans immediately.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 8/19/2009

Reaction score
I had the same "problem" last week and I did a couple of things...
1. I made a peach galette. The lazyman's pie, but just as tasty
2. I know this isn't a baking recipe, but I made a salsa with it and added some red onions, cilantro, tomatoes and put it over our fish
3. I didn't make this, but saw it in a martha stewart magazine last week and it had poached stone fruit over brioche toast and greek yogurt. a good easy, summertime dessert.
Enjoy!

Peach-mango salsa is my new favorite!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! My cupcakes turned out delicious by the way. ;D

Oh, I didn't even think about salsa! I love peach salsa. And brioche is amazing with fruit. I've got to try that out sometime.

I'm freezing some of the peaches for smoothies, so that's one way I'm taking care of them! And that muffin recipe looks really good!

Reaction score
Individual peach tarts with homemade shipped cream are heavenly. I always get extra peaches this time of year and find room in the freezer to put them away for those wicked January mornings. Adding summer peaches and cream to steel cut oatmeal gives me hope for spring!

Reaction score
Ah peach tarts would be so good! I love fruit tarts in general, so I'd love to make some. And yes! Peaches and Cream oatmeal was always my favorite, so why can't I use fresh peaches and cream to make my own?! :D

Reaction score
I don't have a food dehydrator or I'd consider drying chopped peaches and then storing them away for January. I'd probably use it for blueberries and strawberries as well.....those would be yummy baked into breads this winter but I simply don't have room to store another "toy" in the kitchen, so for now I just get the dried organic fruits at the co-op.

Reaction score
Peach cobbler is always my most favorite dessert of all time and with fresh peaches I can only imagine how awesome that would taste. Peach cobbler is pretty basic so you do not really have to worry about a really intense recipe anyone can make a peach cobbler.

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah, dried peaches would be nice to make but... Don't have that machine either! lol

Reaction score
I just went peach picking with my grandmother, and the peaches taste absolutely glorious! I have a ton to use now though! I would hate for it to go to waste. Anyone know any good peach recipes? I would love some creative ones... It would be awesome if someone knew a peach cupcake recipe??

Thanks you guys!
I just made a peach cobbler recipe by Lee Bailey, you can find it online, it was really, really delicious ! Give it a try !

Ask a Question