Red or White?

Reaction score
What is is your favorite wine , do you prefer red or white dry or sweet? It there a special brand you love ? What type of wine do you drink.

Reaction score
I have grown in a household where it is the custom to drink a glass of red wine before going to bed so i think that's something that stick with me throughout the years. My favorite wed wines would have to be Merlot and Pinot noir.

Reaction score
My ultimate favorite is Merlot and I like to drink either Beringer or Washington Hills (local winery). Merlot is the best wine to drink when you just want to kick up your feet and relax for a little while. I do like to have a glass of white zinfandale every once in a while as well; mostly I drink this with dessert and usually on a hot day when I don't want a full bodied wine like merlot.

Reaction score
Sangria all the way, for me. I remember having a very balanced, sweet white wine once but can't remember the name of it even if I'd get a reminder.

I'm trying a chardonnay-based cheese fondue to have with macaroni soon, and sometime in the future maybe red wine poached pears.

Reaction score
Sangria is an excellent choice for making punch with. My husband makes a punch with sangria, rose champainge and fresh fruit. Turns out to be a yummy little cocktail!

Reaction score
Sangria all the way, for me. I remember having a very balanced, sweet white wine once but can't remember the name of it even if I'd get a reminder.

I'm trying a chardonnay-based cheese fondue to have with macaroni soon, and sometime in the future maybe red wine poached pears.

I agree, I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I like the fruity taste of sangria. When I was a child, I once snuck some sangria that I too young to drink because I liked the fruity taste. My grandmother never caught on that that's what gave me a case of the giggles.

Reaction score
What is is your favorite wine , do you prefer red or white dry or sweet? It there a special brand you love ? What type of wine do you drink.
I actually love both red and white wine equally. I get migraine headaches, and they say that red wine is a trigger for migraines, so I tend to stay away from that just in case. My favorite kind of wine is a moscato. I am more of a sweet wine drinker so this is a perfect one for that. :)

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Sangria is an excellent choice for making punch with. My husband makes a punch with sangria, rose champainge and fresh fruit. Turns out to be a yummy little cocktail!

My mom and I love sangria! We used to have lunch and drink some together. We still like to drink sangria from time to time, but only during very special occasions.

Reaction score
Neither, actually. I have tried wine a few times but I could never get my taste buds to like it! I've even tried wine that is considered to be really sweet (like a moscato) and I still think it's too much for me to handle :(

Reaction score
If I will have any at all it's going to be white and sweet. My husband who is the wine person prefers a dry wine. I see them bought in the cases and consumed nightly like soda in my opinion. What I want is to incorporate more in my cooking.

Reaction score
White wine kind of tastes like soap to me unless it is the sparkling kind. I just never really developed a taste for it. I really enjoy merlot because it has a nice fruity taste and can be enjoyed with my dessert. I am no wine expert though.

Reaction score
Same here, Tina! I sometimes use red or white one for my cooking, I pick the cheapest one of course :) I really like my stew with some wine, because without it... it's never the same. Some foods go better with certain ones, but for me red wine is the way to go, white one is something I get in case a recipe calls for it.

Reaction score
I like a nice crisp white wine. I too use a cheaper one for cooking, but I would rather have quality than quantity. Champagne or prosecco is my favored choice though and is always a good pick me up or can make any occasion feel special, even watching the news!

Reaction score
I usually don't drink wine. But we use both the red and white wine in some of our recipes in our cooking. But if there is family gathering and we had a party at home we usually serve red wine and we have no particular brand when it comes to that.

Reaction score
I much prefer white wine to red wine. I rarely if ever have red wine - I just don't know enough about it to know what is good or what would be suited to my palate.

I like Moscato and Chardonnay best of the white wine varieties that I've tried.

If anyone knows a good red wine for a beginner that likes sweet wines please feel free to share!

Ask a Question