Replacing liquor/wine

Reaction score
hello. some recipes that i have come across needs liquor or wine. because i am muslim, i cannot use that. so what can i used in its place?

Reaction score
They do make non alcoholic wines and liquor especially for baking, you could try that. I hear that they do not taste quite as good, but if you don't drink alcohol to begun with, you would not taste the difference.

Reaction score
They do make non alcoholic wines and liquor especially for baking, you could try that. I hear that they do not taste quite as good, but if you don't drink alcohol to begun with, you would not taste the difference.
i dont think either of that is allowed in my country :p

Reaction score
Oh, I see. Well you could try substitution the alcohol for fruit juice or something like that, but I am not sure how it is going to taste. If you can't even use non alcoholic liquor, then you are probably better off finding recipes that do not call for these items.

Reaction score
Oh, I see. Well you could try substitution the alcohol for fruit juice or something like that, but I am not sure how it is going to taste. If you can't even use non alcoholic liquor, then you are probably better off finding recipes that do not call for these items.
yeah that is what i do. i was just wondering soo.. thanks though ^.^

Reaction score
I do not drink alcohol for personal/health reasons but I have read that you can use grape juice plus a little vinegar instead of wine. Wine is acidic, so the vinegar helps achieve something closer to that flavor than just the juice alone. I don't think you wiukd want to use Concord grapes though, probably a more red grape.

Reaction score
Sometimes you can just avoid the alcohol, but it really depends on the recipe, because most of the times the alcohol is only added as an extra. Personally I skip it most of the time, after a while baking and cooking I do know when it's not necessary.

Reaction score
Maybe there is no difference in some recipes. I know that with some things I have made, the alcohol is what gives the food the flavor. I personally do not like using alcohol in my cooking and baking so I just avoid recipes that call for it. I once made some whiskey glazed carrots for Thanksgiving dinner and my kitchen smelled like Jack Daniels for a week. Made me sick to my stomach.

Reaction score
I tend to just skip it. In UK I get non alcoholic wines and in Pakistan I use fruit juice. In Al Fatah you can find non alcoholic drinks

Ask a Question