Rice crispy cakes for the kids

Reaction score
Rice crispy cakes are the easiest things to make and to keep the children entertained, all you need to do is melt some chocolate (dark or milk chocolate) and once its melted mix in the rice crispies and stir and then pour into paper cases and let them cool preferably in the fridge for a hour or longer if needed:).

Reaction score
I have never heard of them this way! I've only known rice krispie treats with marshmallow in them. I will have to try this. My marshmallow ones never turn out right.

Reaction score
Sounds like a Nestle's Crunch bar! Yum!!

A couple of summers ago I made fudge with a group of kids I was watching. One of them didn't like fudge, but ate the recipe that had Rice Krispies in it!

Reaction score
That's a new one to me too. Not sure what you mean by paper cases, do you mean the cupcake cups? Sounds like a good diversion for the kids and maybe make the marshmallow and these for a variety. Thanks.

Reaction score
I've never heard of making them this way before either, but we will be trying this one. It would probably be good with some peanut butter stirred in, too.

Reaction score
I miss the squares! I used to make something similar, but start out with the usual and then pour the chocolate on top. Sometimes I'd mix peanut butter in with the marshmallows. So yum.

Reaction score
I have never used melted chocolate before! That sounds delicious! I will certainly have to try it that way! My nieces would LOVE chocolate! I have always used marshmellows. I sometimes add peanut butter to my rice krispy treats.
On occassion, I will use chocolate rice krispys. They are really good!
My sister sometimes makes her rice krispies with the flavored marshmellows. The great thing about rice krispy treats is that they are easy to make and you can add your own ingredients like sprinkles, chocolate, peanut butter, ect. Plus they are incredibly kid-friendly!

Reaction score
I always use marshmellow to make my rice crispy treats. I have dipped or poured chocolate of them after they hae set up but never have I used chocolate to hold them together. This could be a fun idea with all the new flavors of chips comming out.

Ask a Question