Ricotta Fruit Tart

Reaction score
For some reason my head always associates ricotta with savory dishes (like lasagne!) instead of sweets. I might have to try this just to shake up my perspective a little!

Reaction score
Blue berries are so expensive where I live D: So yes, also amazed to see this recipe is under Budget 101! It sounds delicious though :) In the Netherlands that kind of things are much cheaper, so I am definitely give this a try since I love tarts and pies in general :)

Reaction score
For some reason my head always associates ricotta with savory dishes (like lasagne!) instead of sweets. I might have to try this just to shake up my perspective a little!

I grew up eating it in both sweet and savory dishes. It's funny how we're exposed to different things depending on where we grow up. I was shocked when I found out that some here in Texas make lasagna with cottage cheese. I'd never heard of that. I think ricotta is more prevalent in New England because of the large number of Italians, and I'm so glad I was exposed to it, because it's one of my favorites :).

@Trellum I got some strawberries on sale a few days ago, wish I still had some blueberries, but the prices have gone back up. I hope you like it when you make it, it sure does look scrumptious!

Reaction score
@I will surely let you know! I plan to bake all sorts of things using all those berries I have always wanted to eat on here, but I never dared because of the high price :) I'm going to have sooo much fun! By the way... a lasagna with cottage cheese doesn't sounds so good, is it any good?

Ask a Question