Right size for cookies

Reaction score
I really enjoy baking cookies, but there are several times I wonder if size matters when I am putting them into the oven. After mixing all the ingredients together in the bowl and I start getting the cookie mix it always seems like I either make one smaller than the other and I am not sure if it really matters. How do you make the perfect size cookie or should it even matter?

Reaction score
If you're really into uniformity and you must have cookies that are all the same size, you can buy a cookie scoop that makes perfectly even little dough balls.
As long as they're getting cooked evenly, I don't think it matters if all your cookies are the same size. I always have a couple of cookies that are a little smaller than the others because I run out of dough towards the end.

Reaction score
You can also use an ice cream scooper to make sure your cookies are all the same size. This is easy to do.
Sometimes, I have cookies which turn out smaller or larger than the other ones. I've never had anybody complain about this. As long as the cookies bake well and taste good, that's all that matters.

Reaction score
You can also use an ice cream scooper to make sure your cookies are all the same size. This is easy to do.
Sometimes, I have cookies which turn out smaller or larger than the other ones. I've never had anybody complain about this. As long as the cookies bake well and taste good, that's all that matters.

I often times use a small ice cream scooper as well. I find it very helpful! When I am making cookies to give away (send with my husband to work for his coworkers, or bringing cookies to a church function, or giving them as a gift) I like all my cookies to look alike. I want them to look neat and all be the same size. So, when I am making my cookies for others, I take the time to use a small ice cream scooper to get them the same size and look even. Now, if I am just making cookies for my family, I will use a spoon or just eye-ball it. I am not as careful to make sure they all come out even.

Reaction score
I am not really into the uniform perfect cookie. I just use a big spoon and drop a spoonful on my cookie sheet and however they come out of my oven is the way I like them. I have never had any complaints about what they look like.

Reaction score
I usually just make drop cookies, because I don't care. Though like the previous poster said either use a cookie scoop or a small (or whatever size) ice scoop. That way they'll all be the same size, so you won't have anymore more problems. Ice cream scoops have even been used for pancakes in this house. They work really well.

Ask a Question