Roasting a Garlic Bulb

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first post to this particular forum, and I wanted to share something that I just tried for the first time. Some of you might already be aware of it, but it's new to me, and I must say it's pretty dope.

Well like you probably already guessed from the title of the thread, I just tried roasting a bulb of garlic for the first time. For those of you who haven't tried this yet, it's pretty amazing. Depending ofcourse, if you like garlic or not.

Just take a full garlic bulb and roast it in the oven for about 10 minutes or so. What happens is the garlic starts off raw, and crunchy, but once you take it out of the oven, you get a soft, caramelized treat with a gentle flavor, that actually becomes kind of sweet tasting. You can eat the garlic then as is, or, and this is how I use it, apply it as a spread for a piece of toast. The difference between a raw garlic clove, and a roasted one is night and day. I highly recommend it! Very delicious, and very healthy. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Reaction score
You are "preaching to the choir" here!!!!! I'm a garlic fanatic, and just like potatoes, I will eat them any way I can get them!

Reaction score
You are "preaching to the choir" here!!!!! I'm a garlic fanatic, and just like potatoes, I will eat them any way I can get them!

Me too! I blame the half Italian side to my genetics ;) it means I consume a LOT of garlic. One of those things that makes so many things extra yummy!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Eminrac :)

I'm another garlic fan! I love to add whole cloves of garlic when I'm making roast potatoes, it's so delicious!

Ask a Question