Rosemary Bread - my favourite!

Reaction score
I'm sharing this wonderful bread recipe I've used many times. It's so lovely to have at the dinner table.

1 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup warm water
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons rosemary
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 egg, beaten (optional)

Dissolve the sugar in warm water in a medium bowl, and mix in the yeast. When yeast is bubbly, mix in salt, butter, 1 tablespoon rosemary, and Italian seasoning. Mix in 2 cups flour. Gradually add remaining flour to form a workable dough, and knead 10 to 12 minutes.

Coat the inside of a large bowl with olive oil. Place dough in bowl, cover, and allow to rise 1 hour in a warm location.

Punch down dough, and divide in half. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease paper. Shape dough into 2 round loaves, and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary. Cover, and allow to rise 1 hour, or until doubled in size.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Brush loaves with egg. Bake 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.

Enjoy!

Reaction score
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU:) . I am addicted to this bread. Every time I go to the bakery I am in seach for a another loaf. I have paid up to $5.00 for a small package of rosemary bread. I am so happy you shared this recipe. I will be baking this and often.

Reaction score
I have actually never heard of rosemary bread. Looking at the ingredients in the recipe, I think I have all of that in my kitchen right now so I might have to give it a try.

Reaction score
I have actually never heard of rosemary bread. Looking at the ingredients in the recipe, I think I have all of that in my kitchen right now so I might have to give it a try.

Rosemary bread is just awesome! Then again, rosemary as a herb on its own is awesome. You definitely should give this recipe a try. You won't regret it

Reaction score
I haven't heard of rosemary bread either but I love the flavor and smell of rosemary so I bet this tastes delicious. I am definitely going to try this I can't wait.

Reaction score
Rosemary bread is my favorite type of bread. I had it at a fondue restaurant to dip into some cheese and I fell in love. Try it with some melty cheese :)

Ask a Question