Rugelach as a cake

Reaction score
I went to an Estate Sale in Belmar NJ last month and found a stack of old Country Living Magazines.

one of them had a celebration rugelach cake -- photos and part of the recipe below.

never seen nor heard of such a thing -- it appears to be a complex recipe -- not sure if I will find the time to make it but thought it was interesting to share.
if anyone wants the entire recipe just let me know --

Linda

celebration ruggelach cake.jpg
rug cake part 1 .jpg
rug cake part 2 .jpg

Reaction score
I went to an Estate Sale in Belmar NJ last month and found a stack of old Country Living Magazines.

one of them had a celebration rugelach cake -- photos and part of the recipe below.

never seen nor heard of such a thing -- it appears to be a complex recipe -- not sure if I will find the time to make it but thought it was interesting to share.
if anyone wants the entire recipe just let me know --

Linda

View attachment 2861View attachment 2862View attachment 2863

This is actually clever. But from what I understand, rugelach originated in Poland and Hungary, not Russia. Did you ever contact the woman who also the family recipe that used orange juice?

Reaction score
No, never made contact. Once I started that weekend holiday job end Oct I had no time for anything. By the time Jan came and my baking season over I put everything away. It is delightful to randomly find these different rugelach recipes / ideas.

Reaction score
No, never made contact. Once I started that weekend holiday job end Oct I had no time for anything. By the time Jan came and my baking season over I put everything away. It is delightful to randomly find these different rugelach recipes / ideas.

yes the holidays are always very busy. But it would be interesting to find out if there’s any connection between your two families. The recipes are so unusual.

how are you holding up in the lockdown? Are you in a high infection area?

i’m going stir crazy. I live In a very small community to begin with, and it’s quite rural. So being locked up it’s making me crazy. I don’t eat gluten so I bake for family and friends. That’s how I socialize. I bake and I take what I bake to my family and friends. Or I invite them over. I can’t do that with this locked down.

Reaction score
I am in Central NJ so yes high area...currently working from home...my job as import analyst in apparel co is same as before..all emails..except now I sit in my pj's to send emails.

Ask a Question