"rugeloaf"

Reaction score
for the rugelach as a cake recipe I found see the Cake section.

part 2 -- in the magazines I got at the estate sale -- there is also mention of Rugeloaf -- the company Grandma's secret recipe is no longer in business and the son has passed away -- but again - -found it interesting and wanted to share. Rugeloaf - a giant 1 1/4 lb rugelach. I have searched the web for a loaf recipe but have not found anything.

Attachments

• grandmas secret .jpg
    grandmas secret .jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 183
  • rugeloaf.jpg
    rugeloaf.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 175
Reaction score
for the rugelach as a cake recipe I found see the Cake section.

part 2 -- in the magazines I got at the estate sale -- there is also mention of Rugeloaf -- the company Grandma's secret recipe is no longer in business and the son has passed away -- but again - -found it interesting and wanted to share. Rugeloaf - a giant 1 1/4 lb rugelach. I have searched the web for a loaf recipe but have not found anything.

Hey @Linda EH

That’s interesting. I wonder if the “loaf” was just a log. There are two ways to make rugelach. One is the croissant shape. The other is the roll it up into a log, then slice it, like. cinnamon roll. So I wonder if the “loaf” was just a log that wasn’t sliced.

How have you been?

Reaction score
doing ok - sorry - never saw this message until now. Actually my mom has told me VERY recently the original family ruggelach recipe that I have been using -- is not a family recipe at all ! -- I thought it came from my Great Aunt Miriam but my mom said she got it out of a cookbook. We are still researching to find what book this is. The book my mom thought it was Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery vol 6 - jewish cookery -- does have a mandelbrot recipe close to one we use but nothing on ruggelach. My mom is still trying to remember where the recipe came from. She said Miriam had the recipe in her head with no real measurements and the one my mom found and passed on to me made similar cookies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pizzaman

Latest Threads