Runny fruit frosting

Reaction score
I like to make frosting with fresh fruit mixed in, but it starts to get runny. Any recomendations on how to prevent this?

Reaction score
You can try reducing excess liquid in the fruit and using more frosting and less fruit. I am just guessing here, I have never had this issue.

Reaction score
I usually just use the juice as part of the liquid. I never thought to use the fruit itself. I may have to experiment with this. Maybe a blueberry cream cheese frosting with honey.

Reaction score
Maybe that is where I am going wrong, perhaps I should not be using the actual fruit pieces, but make a puree out of them and mix that into the frosting?

Reaction score
Maybe that is where I am going wrong, perhaps I should not be using the actual fruit pieces, but make a puree out of them and mix that into the frosting?

You need a fruit paste, either buy it or make it by reducing the fruit sauce with some sugar and some honey or corn syrup by simmer until its thick like mud, chill and use. It won't change the texture of anything you add it to.

Ask a Question