Sand Castle Cake

Reaction score
Adorable! And since I'm a lover of toasted coconut AND graham crackers I also think it would be super delicious! I'll bet with a soft buttercream frosting it wouldn't be too hard to get the mixture to stick to the cake, either.

On a separate note....recently, while wandering through my local craft store, I noticed that you can buy molds for shaping things for baking. A relative of mine created a castle by hand for her son and wasn't too pleased with the results (I think her son was, though!) I saw in the craft store that they have molds that make the fondant look like rock/castle walls. Pretty cool....but unless you run a business I think it would get awfully expensive.

Reaction score
Cool, I was just hinting to my family that I'd like a tall sandcastle cake for my birthday ;) I was thinking brown sugar instead of toasted coconut and graham crackers, but I think I like that idea better. And I'm thinking hibiscus flowers at the base!

Ask a Question