Sausages

Reaction score
fed up with the typical italien sausages in America I made some cumberland bangers and chinese hanging sausage.
When I was a teenager back in the UK I was an apprentice butcher, we made thousands of hand linked bangers for other butcher shops in the area, I'd deliver them on an old bicycle with a big basket on the front. No string is used to link in this style. Each link contains 3 sausages.

sausages.jpg

Reaction score
also made air dried cantonese sausage, very fragrant , like soppresata.
Its cooked by slicing it thin and used in stir fry dishes.
I had to order the red yeast powder from China to make this style.
chinese sdausage.jpg

Reaction score
helps cure the pork, made from red rice I think.
these sausages contain a lot of alcohol too, they say use any as long as its 40 proof.
Red yeast is sold in the US in capsule form, its medicinal for chloresterol.

Reaction score
helps cure the pork, made from red rice I think.
these sausages contain a lot of alcohol too, they say use any as long as its 40 proof.
Red yeast is sold in the US in capsule form, its medicinal for chloresterol.

Yes I was aware about the cholesterol, I used to take it for that. That‘s why I was curious as to what it did for sausage. My brother, sister and I just ordered 1/2 a steer from a local rancher. The rancher is a 5th generation rancher who practices ethical and statainable ranching. They free range the cattle and just coax them along so as not to cause them undue stress. The rancher harvested it on the ranch, then sent it to the butcher a couple of weeks ago. We just worked with the butcher to decide on the cuts. It was an interesting experience. I did a lot of research on what cuts come from the various sections so when we conferred with the butcher we at least has some idea of where to begin. Butchering is an art.

Reaction score
I was a butchers apprentice when I was 16, like all trades it takes a few years to acquire the skill.
Sausage and pates was part of the training. I didn't care for the work but the training came in useful later on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheryl N.

Latest Threads