Savory Bakes

Reaction score
Everyone likes to bake, sweet cookies, cakes, and pies but what about savory baking? Do you do any savory baking , what do you like to bake ?

Reaction score
I love eating savory foods and even desserts with savory elements but I must admit I haven't yet taken my baking in that direction.

Reaction score
Does garlic bread count?

Just kidding :)

The only savory baking I've tried were some cheese and chive muffins. I had some from a local bakery and they were really, really good. So when I had some extra chives I gave it a shot myself, but they were not as good :/

Reaction score
Yum...yes those count zlemune. I haven't had it in years, but used to make a stuffed bread (with pepperoni). Sort of like a calzone, but the pepperoni was cooked in the bread.

I think a decadent focaccia with meats, cheeses and veggies would be considered savory. I also want to master an entirely made from scratch pot pie with stew beef, vegetables and SAVORY gravy.

Reaction score
I love baking savoy breads. I enjoy adding cheese and fresh herbs to bread dough to dress up traditional boring loaves. Stuffing bread is also something I like to do. I like to roll out the dough to as flat as possible, then put in the stuffing. You can use whatever you like for stuffing , try meats , cheese, broccoli ,sun dried tomato's. Next roll the bread in to a loaf and let it rise again , place in pan and bake.

Ask a Question