Tips for Preparing Cookie Mixture Ahead of Time

Reaction score
Hello to All and thank you in advance for whatever assistance you can provide. I'm making cookies for my 60th birthday party on Saturday and am trying to make things ahead. These cookies have a sugar, egg yolk, butter mixture with coconut and nuts that go on top, as well as mixed into the batter. Is it OK to refrigerate the mixture and reheat on Saturday when I bake the cookies. Will the sugar granulate or the nuts get mushy? What's the best way to keep the mixture for Saturday?

Regards to all you helping experts!
Monica

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Monica! Cookie dough is usually quite forgiving, as long as you don't over-work it. Most recipes can be frozen or chilled if you're not ready to bake them yet - in fact having a chilled dough makes shaping them far easier!

Hope you have a great birthday party! :D Please do let us know how the cookies turn out :)

Reaction score
What I do is get an ice cream scoop and make scoops of dough, put them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper, and then cover that with plastic wrap, then put that in the fridge.

When the time comes, your cookie dough is already ready for baking......just take off the plastic wrap and pop a cookie dough chunk down on the pan I will be baking them on.

PicMonkey-Collagee-1024x512.jpg

20150911-two-ingredient-biscuit-strawberry-shortcake-recipe-kenji-08.jpg

I use small and medium scoops for my cookie doughs....
cookie-scoop1-300x210.jpg

Reaction score
uuuh Monica,aren't others suppose to be baking the cookies for you ?

and happy 60th birthday,I made that one this past January :)

Reaction score
Hello to All and thank you in advance for whatever assistance you can provide. I'm making cookies for my 60th birthday party on Saturday and am trying to make things ahead. These cookies have a sugar, egg yolk, butter mixture with coconut and nuts that go on top, as well as mixed into the batter. Is it OK to refrigerate the mixture and reheat on Saturday when I bake the cookies. Will the sugar granulate or the nuts get mushy? What's the best way to keep the mixture for Saturday?

Regards to all you helping experts!
Monica

HappyBirthday-PurpleRoses.gif

Ask a Question