School and work lunch treats

Discussion in 'Baker Banter' started by Tina Nord, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Tina Nord

Tina Nord Well-Known Member

When I was growing up, my mom made a majority of the sweets that went into our lunchboxes every day, and she still bakes them for my dad. I have carried on the tradition in my own home; how about you all, mass produced or homemade?

Tina Nord, Jul 6, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Tina Nord

NThomas Well-Known Member

Home made is always better. When children indulge in treats baked at home they get more satisfaction out of them. I think this way the learn to eat sweets in moderation instead of binging on processed junk.

NThomas, Jul 7, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Tina Nord

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I put my own baked goods in my daughter's lunch when I have time, or put Hostess or Pepperidge Farm items in when I don't have time because during the school year I'm more pressed for time and sleep deprived, since my daughter has to get up at 6AM for school and I'm used to a different schedule.

ACSAPA, Jul 26, 2014
  4. Tina Nord

Ellyn Well-Known Member

Home made is definitely healthier and usually cheaper, but when I don't have the energy or the time, or the inclination, then I still have a list of favorite go-to treats to just pick up at the grocery store or convenience store.

Ellyn, Jul 26, 2014
  5. Tina Nord

kammy Well-Known Member

In my opinion a home-made meal is always the way to go since it's usually more nutritious however their instances when i just can't find the time to prepare a proper meal for my children so they have to settle on taking processed foods to school.

kammy, Aug 11, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question