School Project

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am new here and I am actually doing a school project on this online baking community! (Don’t worry I plan on staying even when the project is over). I love baking! I’m hoping it’s okay that I ask a few questions for my research. If so please feel free to answer these :)

What is your favorite part about being in this online baking community?

Do you have an example of ways that this community has helped better your baking?

Thank you!! :)

Reaction score
Being able to talk about one of my favourite hobbies with others here is really awesome. As someone who isn't a professional, there isn't anyone I know in real life who I can have conversations with about laminating doughs or cake recipe formulations. Being able to ask help from others with troubleshooting recipes is very nice, especially when you lack formal education or professional experience in baking.

There are too many examples here to count of how this site has helped improve my baking, but in general I'd say the main thing I've taken away from here is better knowledge of food and baking science, which translates into correct technique and being able to understand formulas better. For example, detailed explanations on how exactly egg whites are whipped into meringue and how ingredients affect the process (e.g. salt, sugar) have helped me understand the best way to actually make a meringue, and this in turn translates to any recipe that requires making a meringue.

Reaction score
Being able to talk about one of my favourite hobbies with others here is really awesome. As someone who isn't a professional, there isn't anyone I know in real life who I can have conversations with about laminating doughs or cake recipe formulations. Being able to ask help from others with troubleshooting recipes is very nice, especially when you lack formal education or professional experience in baking.

There are too many examples here to count of how this site has helped improve my baking, but in general I'd say the main thing I've taken away from here is better knowledge of food and baking science, which translates into correct technique and being able to understand formulas better. For example, detailed explanations on how exactly egg whites are whipped into meringue and how ingredients affect the process (e.g. salt, sugar) have helped me understand the best way to actually make a meringue, and this in turn translates to any recipe that requires making a meringue.
thank you so much! Do you mind if I use this in my paper?

Ask a Question