Scones: Flavors are missing

Reaction score
Greetings! I am new to the forum, also an amateur baker and a big fan of GBBS! I am excited to get sound help from fellow bakers as I feel experience beats what I can find on the internet.

My current predicament is that I love to bake scones for my hubby and his favorite is a Chocolate Cherry flavor. However, I am always missing the Cherry flavor in my scone. I have used dried cherries as well as fresh. I also have used more than what the recipe calls for. Is it just a matter of the chocolate overpowering the Cherry flavor? Any insight is greatly appreciated and happy baking!☺

Reaction score
Greetings! I am new to the forum, also an amateur baker and a big fan of GBBS! I am excited to get sound help from fellow bakers as I feel experience beats what I can find on the internet.

My current predicament is that I love to bake scones for my hubby and his favorite is a Chocolate Cherry flavor. However, I am always missing the Cherry flavor in my scone. I have used dried cherries as well as fresh. I also have used more than what the recipe calls for. Is it just a matter of the chocolate overpowering the Cherry flavor? Any insight is greatly appreciated and happy baking!☺

Yeh I think so,
You could try marinating dried bings in kirschwasser.
then make a powdered sugar glaze with the kirsch and a drop of red color.
At least he'll get tipsy and not care.

Ask a Question