secret family recipes?

Reaction score
I used to do a lot of baking with my grandmother when I was growing up. There were some things she made that no one else could make just like her. To this day I still haven't figured out how she made her homemade bread so good and I have tried! She did give me the secret to her macaroni and hamburger though ;)

Do you have any family recipes that have been shared with you?

Reaction score
My mother has a great cheddar and bacon cornbread muffin recipe that she recently passed down to me. I've been eating them since I was a kid, and it's one of my all-time favourite things to eat. Unfortunately, if I could share it with all of you it wouldn't be a family secret :p.

Reaction score
My great grand mother had a secret recipe for a 7 layer cake with a Mashmellow frosting. This cake was delucious. She would never share it with anyone and this recipe with anyone not even family.

Reaction score
My mother-in-law passed on a secret chili sauce recipe. My husband loves it. I'm not such a big fan, but since it's been in the family for so long, it's definitely a recipe I treasure. My aunt is also known for making some of the tastiest baked goods. Over the years, I've asked her to show me and pass on the recipes. She has, but mine has never turned out as good as hers. Her secret: love. She puts an incredible amount of love into her baking. I think this is what makes her sweet treats so great! There's real care in the creation process.

Reaction score
We have secret family recipes. So secret that when my grandmother died, someone ran off with them and no body will admit to it. :mad:

Reaction score
My mother always had this recipe for spaghetti when I was younger. She told me it was a "secret" but as I grew up I realized all she did was add spices. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
The secret family recipes that have been shared with me are French crepes and Irish scones. I'm actually making the scones today for our early St. Patrick's day dinner. :)

Ask a Question