Secret for Semi-Homemade Cannoli's

Reaction score
I enjoy making Cannoli's for a special occasion, or even just because, but I don't enjoy making the shells. And after a exhaustive search of the internet and some local stores I found that prepared cannoli shells are just too expensive, considering the ingredients that go into them. Then I went to a local grocer that sells prepared cannoli's (for an outrageous sum of $3.99 each) and ask if they would sell me empty shells. They said yes and at that point I wanted to take the easy way out so I asked for 12 shells. I was shocked (in a good way) when I saw the tag. They only charged me $4.10 for all of them. That's amazing to me because I have seen them for over $12.00 for six on the internet. If you enjoy cannoli's but don't enjoy shaping and frying your own shells ask at your local bakery or grocery. You may be pleasantly surprised as I was.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, @CherylTorrie. My local Kroger has started carrying cannoli, which is amazing. I've loved them for years, but they've always been difficult to find down here where I live. I'm not sure if they make them there or buy them elsewhere, but that's something I'll have to ask about, because, although I do have the molds somewhere to make them with, it sure would be a lot easier just to buy the shells and make and fill them. I agree, the prices are usually prohibitive, so that's definitely a good savings.

Ask a Question