Secret to the perfect chocolate croissant

Reaction score
Anyone know how to make and perfect a chocolate croissant? I have never tried making one before.

Reaction score
It never occurred to me to make a chocolate croissant! I guess I would make a regular croissant dough but add some good cocoa powder and some sugar or stevia, too. Unless you just want to roll Hershey bars between the layers along with the butter?:D

Have you checked online to see if there is a recipe? I'm sure you're not the first to think of chocolate croissants.

Reaction score
The process of making chocolate croissants begin exactly like regular croissants.

Instead of cutting the dough into triangles and rolling them into a crescent shape, they are cut into rectangles and filled with either a thin piece of chocolate or some chopped chocolate. (If using chopped chocolate I would probably place it in the middle and fold inwards.)
The dough is rolled around the chocolate and placed on a cookie sheet to proof for 45-60 minutes.
The proofed dough gets brushed with egg and in my case, just a sprinkling of flaky sea salt (which I think makes everything better.)

Reaction score
That sounds aboslutely scrumptious! Especially with your decision to add the flaky sea salt. I love the sweet salty combo, combined with the flaky croissant. MMMMM you have created something I am dying to try as soon as I get the energy to make up some croissant dough, even though I won't be able to eat it! The others in the house will love it, and the ladies in my stampin up class will be in heaven!

Ask a Question