Semi-new baker

Reaction score
Hello! I thought I'd write up a quick intro for myself. I love to bake, but I'm not very good at it. I've done a bit of bread baking. I'm okay-ish with crackers. I've done some pie crusts.

BUT after binge watching the Great British Baking Show on Netflix, I've now decided that I want to give baking another go.

I look forward to talking about baking with you all! :)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Great to have you here. The Great British Bake Off certainly seems to have inspired a lot of people to get back into baking! :)

Reaction score
Hello! I thought I'd write up a quick intro for myself. I love to bake, but I'm not very good at it. I've done a bit of bread baking. I'm okay-ish with crackers. I've done some pie crusts.

BUT after binge watching the Great British Baking Show on Netflix, I've now decided that I want to give baking another go.

I look forward to talking about baking with you all! :)
Hi, there! I am not exactly a new baker, been doing this for over fifty years... cake decorating for 40 something or other! I love being entertained by the British Baking Show, but feel they don't give the people nearly the time to produce that they should. Lovely show, though.

Reaction score
Hi, there! I am not exactly a new baker, been doing this for over fifty years... cake decorating for 40 something or other! I love being entertained by the British Baking Show, but feel they don't give the people nearly the time to produce that they should. Lovely show, though.

Yeah I know what you mean, it is a little unfair at times! It's a shame that TV shows tend to focus on encouraging drama rather than showcasing talent, but most of the time GBBO strikes the right balance in my opinion.

It's great to have someone with your experience here! I'm not great at cake decorating, but I love admiring other peoples' work.

Reaction score
That's one of the reasons I'd never make it on that show. I'm not a baker who could make anything within the stated time period...if only because time constraints seem to make me slower. But I love the idea that people who just bake at home...and who are willing to mess up on what has turned out to be an international forum...are fun to watch. It's made me a much more confident baker.

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here. :)

Reaction score
That's one of the reasons I'd never make it on that show. I'm not a baker who could make anything within the stated time period...if only because time constraints seem to make me slower. But I love the idea that people who just bake at home...and who are willing to mess up on what has turned out to be an international forum...are fun to watch. It's made me a much more confident baker.

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here. :)
Welcome to the forum gellymak. Baking is fun to do, just dont be afraid to fail. Sometimes you needed to, thats how you practice perfection.

Ask a Question