Separating Eggs Whites make things fluffy

Reaction score
I have been separating my egg whites and adding the yolks to my recipes and then beating the egg whites until they are stiff, then I fold them into the batter at the end. I have noticed that doing this even though it is an extra step, has been making the things that I make really fluffy and moister. Is there anything else that may be a little easier to do to reach this same element of fluffiness?

Reaction score
Interestingly I saw this technique used to make a fried egg as well. The chef separated the egg white and egg yolks, then whipped up the egg whites and poured them into tin molds over a griddle, then added the egg yolk back into them before they completely set. So it was in effect a fluffy fried egg. Rather weird looking, not sure how good it would taste.

What you're doing currently is more or less making a souffle, which is a classic technique.

Reaction score
Yes this is a great technique ! I sometimes do this and other times I leave the egg yolks out and add a couple of extra whites since I am whipping them anyway. This lightens up the recipe and you don't even miss the yolks.

Ask a Question