Sesame rundstykker rolls

Reaction score
I made some sesame rundstykker rolls this week, and I got the recipe from Scandilicious Baking by Signe Johansen. They're made using a mixture of refined spelt and wholemeal spelt, and it is enriched with milk and butter. You scald the milk first with the butter, and then allow it to cool before adding to the dry ingredients - apparently this results in a softer bread.

They turned out pretty well!

20170111_164133.jpg

That being said, I have a few gripes with the book. She uses the same phrases, copy and pasted, throughout the book. The one that frustrates me the most is "stir everything together until the mixture comes off the sides of the bowl and looks - for want of a better word - doughy". How difficult would it be to actually find a better description?! Repeating this same phrase over and over throughout the book is just annoying. Rant over!

Reaction score
Those look yummie! Makes me wish I had a full service kitchen in my apartment so I could make something like that.

As for your rant...........well, not everybody is as sophisticated as we are! LOL
:p:D

Seriously though.......it might not even be the writers fault for doing something like that, it could have been the editors at the publishing company.

Reaction score
Yeah, you may well be right about that. I still think a better description could be found though ;)

Also worth noting about the bread rolls - they don't need kneading which is always a bonus :D

Ask a Question