Sesame Seeds............Mmmm, Mmmm!!!

Reaction score
I love sesame seeds! For as long as I can remember, I have loved the taste of sesame seeds.

In breads, in candy, in buns, in sweet rolls, in bagels, in cookies........and all by themselves!

Mmmmm......yummie!

4ef652c792e8a913f50514f0e96702f3.jpg

multi-seed-bread-550x350.jpg

2036-1_0.jpg

PC047149-copy.jpg

Joyva-Sesame-Cunch-Bar-Gluten-Free.jpg

dark-toasted-sesame-seed-oil.jpg

Reaction score
Yum, me too! I especially like toasted sesame oil in cooking. One of my favourite dishes is Three Cup Chicken - you cook thin strips of chicken and add equal parts toasted sesame oil, soy sauce and shaohsing rice wine. Delicious! :)

Reaction score
Back home, we had all kinds of bakeries, and around Christmas, especially, we'd go one of the Italian bakeries and get these cookies that were covered with sesame seeds. I really loved them, but have never seen them down here. I found a recipe before online and tried making them, but they just weren't the same. In looking around, I found one from Emeril Lagasse that sounds authentic, so I might have to try it, although if I do, I might have to scale it back a little. Those pictures above look delicious. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/sesame-seed-cookies-recipe.html

Here's another recipe for the same cookies that might be a little healthier, and is probably about half of the previous one, but I never have wheat germ on hand and don't always have the best reaction to wheat, so I'll try Emeril's and see if that matches my memory first. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...7bakotymwX63HPqihtZwpfkw&ust=1465320096505278
italian-sesame-cookies.jpg

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of granola of any kind, but if it's mostly sesame seeds, I WILL SCARF IT DOWN!!!!!!!

Sesame seeds make anything better!!!!! Even ice cream!

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of granola of any kind, but if it's mostly sesame seeds, I WILL SCARF IT DOWN!!!!!!!

Sesame seeds make anything better!!!!! Even ice cream!

Never tried sesame seeds with ice cream! Curious now to give it a whirl next time I'm in an ice cream mood!

Reaction score
Never tried sesame seeds with ice cream! Curious now to give it a whirl next time I'm in an ice cream mood!

Oh yeah, toasted sesame seeds on ice cream, yogurt, and even cereal!!!! MMMMMMM

If you put a few drops of coconut oil in a zip lock baggy, then put some sesame seeds in it, zip it up and shake it, then toast the seeds.................MMMMMM, MMMMMM!!!!!!

Reaction score
I view the granola element as purely a vessel for sesame seeds :D

I've only had one granola I ever really liked, and it was so long ago now, I don't remember if someone made it or if it was from an old fashioned "health food" store.

Reaction score
If you put a few drops of coconut oil in a zip lock baggy, then put some sesame seeds in it, zip it up and shake it, then toast the seeds.................MMMMMM, MMMMMM!!!!!!

Ooh that sounds delicious! Have you ever had Sesame Snaps? They are delicious but so full of sugar! I'm sure it would be easy enough to make sesame brittle at home, but I've never tried it :)

Reaction score
Ooh that sounds delicious! Have you ever had Sesame Snaps? They are delicious but so full of sugar! I'm sure it would be easy enough to make sesame brittle at home, but I've never tried it :)

Oh yes! I've had pretty much anything and everything made with sesame seeds!!!
I've had the chewy sesame snaps and the hard ones. I have had sesame brittle as well.

I love the Asian sesame flats made with honey and sesame seeds! OMG!!!

Reaction score
@cupcakechef Those look delicious!

I haven't had this in a while, because I haven't been to the Asian market, but at some point, I might have to try making it at home, because I love it so much I get some strong cravings for it. http://runawayrice.com/desserts/chewy-sesame-peanut-candy-keo-me-dau-phong/ This is two in one. She made this recipe for sesame and peanut soft chewy candy, but you can leave out the peanuts and use all sesame seeds if you don't like, or are allergic to peanuts. She also has another recipe on her blog for a harder version that's more like peanut brittle, but I really enjoy the soft, chewy type.
Chewy-Sesame-Peanut-Candy-Lunar-New-Year-300x169.jpg

Reaction score
Oh yeah, toasted sesame seeds on ice cream, yogurt, and even cereal!!!! MMMMMMM

Sounds like they'd almost be caramelized with that yummy nutty kind of taste that the seeds have. Putting it on my "to-eat" list this weekend - I have all I need here!

Ask a Question