Should salt be added to bread early or late?

Reaction score
Does it make a difference how soon or late you add salt to a bread recipe? Will the flavor be more or less salty? I am wondering because different recipes for bread dictate different steps for this seasoning.

Reaction score
Does it make a difference how soon or late you add salt to a bread recipe? Will the flavor be more or less salty? I am wondering because different recipes for bread dictate different steps for this seasoning.
I think it salt should be added to bread recipe at the beginning of putting the ingredients together. Salt plays a vital roll in tasting and if the bread does not have the right amount of salt wonder the taste. It should be place in before anything else.

Reaction score
I love to bake bread in the oven. Salt is a dry ingredient in a bread recipe.You should add salt at the beginning of the recipe. You should mix your dry ingredients first. Salt adds a lot of flavor to a bread recipe.

Ask a Question