Showcase your work!

Reaction score
There are very few places online where you can showcase your work unless you have your own website of Facebook page. I love seeing what everyone else is working on, encouraging others, and I can bet others do too! So, I thought it might be nice to have a thread where you can show off what you've done and give some kudos to others.

Reaction score
Instagram can be great too! It's easy to set up, and using the #hashtags is easy to find other baking bloggers with good work and interesting pictures and videos. I'm slightly addicted to it!

Reaction score
Here are the cookies I'm working on now btw. I'm making a set of four and these are the first two. I'll be finishing the other two today.

Attachments

• mer1aa.jpg
    mer1aa.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 612
  • mer3aaa.jpg
    mer3aaa.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 638
Reaction score
Thank you Becky. I like the idea too. I'm inspired when I see what other people are doing. Not to mention, people might ak me how I did this or that, (or I'd ask them too), so it's a great way to share or learn!

Reaction score
Gorgeous cookies. I love the butterflies. I’m more into recipe development these days. I prefer to create my own recipes based on the brands of ingredients I stock. And too, I’m thinking about writing a cookbook.

Recipes I’m currently developing include both gluten free and traditional wheat. Aside from these recipes, I’m working on Japanese sponge roll cake.

Gluten free quiche
BFCEB9EB-1DED-4F3D-850F-C047A082162A.jpeg

Gluten free carrot cake
AC0235C3-D44B-4577-9D1A-68B2392DE017.jpeg

A funfetti cupcake for my niece. I have to say I’m baffled by the popularity of funfetti cake. Aside from the kiddos, those born in the 80’s & 90’s really love this cake. But even if I could eat gluten, I wouldn’t select this cake.
1067F7D8-EE5A-45BD-9FD6-DDAF9B801DF0.jpeg

Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence:DThere’s a glut of cookbooks out there.

But most come from the perspective of the type of baked good (e.g., bread, cake, etc.). I would like a cookbook that focuses on technique, with recipes that then demonstrate the technique.

Reaction score
Ooh you should definitely do that, you'd be great at it! I'd certainly buy one :D

You should! You're desserts look amazingly good and so hard to believe they're gluten free! I know several people with celiac's and they're always looking for good recipes.

Reaction score
Gorgeous cookies. I love the butterflies. I’m more into recipe development these days. I prefer to create my own recipes based on the brands of ingredients I stock. And too, I’m thinking about writing a cookbook.

Recipes I’m currently developing include both gluten free and traditional wheat. Aside from these recipes, I’m working on Japanese sponge roll cake.

Gluten free quiche
View attachment 1536

Gluten free carrot cake
View attachment 1537

A funfetti cupcake for my niece. I have to say I’m baffled by the popularity of funfetti cake. Aside from the kiddos, those born in the 80’s & 90’s really love this cake. But even if I could eat gluten, I wouldn’t select this cake.
View attachment 1538

They look delicious!! Along with a cookbook, you should have a blog too! How did you get the pictures to show up as full pictures ? I think mine show up as thumbnails and then you have to click on them to open fully.

Reaction score
First of a set of fairies

View attachment 1546

That is sooo adorable! I really like the fine brush work. It really takes the cookie art to the next level.

To embed your photo, click on the button marked “Full Image”. The button is next to the image. See screenshot below.

But before you click on the button, place the flashing blue cursor in the spot where you want the picture to post. Otherwise the picture will pop up at the very top of your post.

The Full Image button is to the right of the image file

4BB605E0-7062-4574-AB54-9F5B1F03422F.png

Reaction score
I made these sugar free, sugar cookies the other day and everyone loved them... buttery and guilt free

Those cookies look amazing! Sugar free is the last frontier for me. Celiac and diabetes runs in my family. As a celiac I’ve learned to bake gluten free. But sugar free just stumps me. I feel
terrible that I can’t bake anything for my diabetic siblings. Do you have recommendations on sugar free baking cookbooks?

Reaction score
You should! You're desserts look amazingly good and so hard to believe they're gluten free! I know several people with celiac's and they're always looking for good recipes.

I had never heard of celiac and till my diagnosis 10 years ago. Turns out it runs in my family. Initially I was so distressed I stopped baking all together. When I started baking again I only baked traditional things. Now I want to eat what I bake. So 3 yrs ago I started experimenting. It a whole different ball game. But I’m making progress.

So how did you make the jump from cake to cookies? Cookies are hard. And you can’t just slap a gumpaste flower over a mistake;) Are you familiar with Julia Usher’s work? Your attention to fine detail reminds me of her incredible work.

Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence:DThere’s a glut of cookbooks out there.

But most come from the perspective of the type of baked good (e.g., bread, cake, etc.). I would like a cookbook that focuses on technique, with recipes that then demonstrate the technique.

There are many books, but there's always scope for more - especially one that looks at the role played by each ingredient. I think bakers who understand the science behind it all tend to be better at baking :)

Reaction score
I made these sugar free, sugar cookies the other day and everyone loved them... buttery and guilt free

I made a huge platter of sugarfree cookies once for a banquet about 10 years ago. Everyone said they could not tell the difference. But I had used a product that they no longer make. :( It was measured just like sugar and did not have a chemical taste that a lot of substitutes have. It came in granulated and brown. Also, Suzanne Sommers used to make a great substitute. What did you use?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheryl N.

Latest Threads