Shredded Wheat Bread

Reaction score
I used to make this bread with a friend's Mom, and it always came out delicious, so I wanted to share. It's easy to make, and there are some additions and substitutions in the comments that would be nice to try. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/shredded-wheat-bread

If you'd like a bread machine version recipe, several will come up when you do an internet search.

Reaction score
It gets good reviews though the amount of molasses concerned me. I can't imagine what it would taste like, must the idea of putting a breakfast cereal into bread kind of puts me off to be honest. I also can't quite imagine it as white bread which it is! To me shredded wheat if it was going to go in bread at all, really ought to be going into a brown or wholemeal loaf!

Reaction score
Wish there was a picture, I am more of a visual person when it comes to recipes :( I have the hardest time deciding what recipe to try, but if there is a picture odds are it will be easier :)

Reaction score
Wish there was a picture, I am more of a visual person when it comes to recipes :( I have the hardest time deciding what recipe to try, but if there is a picture odds are it will be easier :)

I was about to say the same thing once I checked the link! I'm a total "eat with my eyes" person and a lot of the time I base what I want to cook off the picture that goes along with it -- even if my version doesn't always turn out as nice as the pictures do!

I was curious to see what the bread texture would look like with the addition of the shredded wheat so I was a little bummed that there wasn't a picture!

Reaction score
That looks really sweet for a bread. I have a hard time with breads having added sugar when the carbs are already so high to begin with. I guess this is just one you have to eat in great moderation.

Ask a Question