Gender Reveal Cake Dilemma

Reaction score
My sister in law is pregnant and I promised to bake a gender reveal cake. I have never done this before and I'm not so worried about the cake as I am about how I will be the one to find out rather than her? She's already had two children. Is she supposed to just look away and the sonographer gives me the details in a sealed envelope?

Reaction score
LOL, I guess thats how it works. Or they can tell you outside the patient room or in a phone call I guess.

Reaction score
I haven't been in that situation, but isn't the cake for a party or family gathering, to reveal to them? I didn't think the cake was meant to reveal to the actual parents. That IS putting a lot of secrecy on you. By the way, I was curious whether there were gender-reveal etiquette. It seems that this event sometimes prompts a party that is not quite a shower? Or perhaps it's presented at the actual shower. Since this is a third baby, I have no idea. The showers I've contributed for have typically been for a first child, with a baby gift given for additional children after their birth, the shower fulfilling the need to get the more expensive baby provisions that can be used again. This sounds like a question only your sister-in-law can answer. I can't imagine wanting to find out from someone other than my doctor.

Ask a Question