Slow Cooker Baking

Reaction score
Since I have a one year old who is now constantly on the move, it's become increasingly more difficult to get things done in the kitchen - and my slow cooker has really become my best friend when it comes to dinner recipes.

I'm wanting to branch out more and more into slow cooker baking - I've heard of people using it for all manner of cakes, but I guess I'm a bit sceptical!

Have any of you used your slow cooker when it comes to baked goods? What kind of success have you had? Any tried and true recipes you'd like to share?

Reaction score
I've heard of people using their slow cookers to prepare all sorts of desserts and things like that, but I have never really given it a try :( I plan to get a slow cooker soon though, because I'll be in charge of cooking the dinners every single day D: Lots of work! But I do think I recall a molten cake recipe using a slow cooker, I paid no attention though, because I thought it had to be some sort of joke back then.

Reaction score
I only have one slow cooker, and it's larger than average, and oval shaped, rather than round. I'm not sure how the size would affect the recipes I see online, but at some point, I will probably look into trying one, just to see how it goes. I am planning to pull it out soon, because I saw a nice Crockpot Sesame Chicken recipe I want to try, and maybe while I have it out, I'll find some sort of sweet to make. It could be a bit before I do either, though, since I won't be going shopping for a while, and don't have the ingredients on hand for the Sesame Chicken.

Reaction score
I only have one slow cooker, and it's larger than average, and oval shaped, rather than round. I'm not sure how the size would affect the recipes I see online, but at some point, I will probably look into trying one, just to see how it goes. I am planning to pull it out soon, because I saw a nice Crockpot Sesame Chicken recipe I want to try, and maybe while I have it out, I'll find some sort of sweet to make. It could be a bit before I do either, though, since I won't be going shopping for a while, and don't have the ingredients on hand for the Sesame Chicken.

I've been using mine a ton for dinners lately too - I made an awesome chicken and cashew dish, and a Mongolian beef that was a hit too. I see a lot of people share stuff on Pinterest or even on Facebook and it's good because it gets me out of my dinner rut and trying new things! Now I just need to try and get into the slow cooker sweet side of things!

Reaction score
I've seen recipes for baking too but haven't tried it yet. But I use my Crockpot all the time for dinners! Pinterest is a great place for recipes! Almost all the the dinners I make I've found on there! And I keep saving more and more and some of them include ones for baking. I just haven't gotten around to making them yet! ;)

Reaction score
Wow, I never knew you could bake in a slow cooker. My mother has been after me to get one. I don't even have a Crock Pot any more. I might just have to get one though with all the great recipes I keep seeing, and if I can bake in that thing, heck yeah. Sign me up.

Reaction score
I have never tried to bake in a slow cooker but sounds like something that would be worth trying. The only thng is there are only two to cook for now and a whole cake is a lot for two people. Will have to plan a special family night and have all the kids and grandkids over and hopefully surprise them with a cake????

Reaction score
so is a slow cooker a crock pot ? :) I think I still have one somewhere and I do remember seeing a recipe for baked bread for it,but I never tried it

Ask a Question