Slow Cooker

Reaction score
I'll admit: I LOVE using my slow cooker.

In the summer, it's nice because I don't have to heat up my kitchen...which is critical because we get some really hot and humid summers here in NC. In the summer, I make things like ribs, pork chops, etc.

I also like using it in the fall and winter. Then, I can make hearty stews and soups and chili with ease, and it's nice to have a warm pot of it on the counter to indulge in when you get hungry.

Do you use a slow cooker? What are your favorite things to cook?

Reaction score
I LOVE my slow cooker!!!! I use it year round! I try to find as many recipes as possible to make in it!!! I make pulled pork, chuck roast, soups, chili, you name it I will use my crock pot for it!!!! Lol! :)

I would be lost without mine. I like to use it for the same reason in the summer - doesn't heat up the house! :)

Reaction score
I love my slow cooker and have several slow cooker recipe books. While I've tried everything from desserts to roasts, I think my favorite thing is a good old fashioned stew. There is just something about a slow cooked meat and potato dish where the gravy gets nice and thick that can't be beat.

Reaction score
My slow cooker needs an operation;). I admit, I over used it, but the truth of the matter is- I just want another!! I don't have very many different recipes for things to cook in a slowcooker, but if anyone would like to share (hint, hint).....

Reaction score
I will try to jot down some recipes for you. I use a lot of recipes that I come up with off the top of my head, mostly. Just about anything that you want to cook can be cooked in a slow cooker! You can even make "baked" potatoes in there. :)

Reaction score
I love my slow cooker. I use it at least twice a week. There are a few desserts I can fix in it, but I mostly use it for entrees.

I have a nice salsa chicken recipe I use. I have a good honey soy sauce chicken. A sage rubbed pork roast. A BBQ brisket. A Dr Pepper BBQ pulled pork. Apple-wood bacon wrapped pork chops.

I've made chili, chicken soup, beef stew and onion soup.

The desserts I've made are an apple spice cake, a chocolate peanut butter cake and an attempted mocha cake that came out very wrong.

We don't speak of the mocha cake.

Oh, and I've done peanut butter cocoa, honey mulled apple cider and spiced holiday fruit punch.

Reaction score
Oooh, yeah...salsa chicken is really good. I also like making chicken with honey and soy sauce, beef stew, chili, etc. in my Crock Pot.

I haven't had Dr. Pepper BBQ pulled pork, although I have seen the recipe all over the Internet.

I don't think I've ever made a dessert recipe in a slow cooker, although I have seen quite a few.

Thanks for the ideas!

Reaction score
I love using my slow cooker!

As for my favorite, I actually like tossing a whole chicken in (or two, depending on the size) and just letting it cook for a few hours. Then I can easily shred the chicken and use it for a bunch of different dishes.

Reaction score
I love my slow cooker! I have cooked meats, soups, chilis, stews and even desserts in it. But I think I prefer baking in an oven , I have more recipes to choose from and I think the results are better. My favorite slow cooker recipes are a salsa chicken that I make and then shred the chicken and make either tacos or a taco salad and my newest recipe which is General Tso's chicken made in the slow cooker. The latter was really good and a healthy alternative to the fried version but it was really spicy!

Reaction score
Oooh, yeah...salsa chicken is really good. I also like making chicken with honey and soy sauce, beef stew, chili, etc. in my Crock Pot.

I haven't had Dr. Pepper BBQ pulled pork, although I have seen the recipe all over the Internet.

I don't think I've ever made a dessert recipe in a slow cooker, although I have seen quite a few.

Thanks for the ideas!

Oh yeah, I've made the honey soy sauce chicken before. It's delicious and always goes over well to whomever I serve it to. I think I"m out of soy sauce or else I'm make it today. LOL :D

You should really check out some of the desserts you can slow cook. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Reaction score
I love using the slow cooker and like you, it is especially awesome during the summer. There is nothing worse than standing in a hot kitchen filled with hot air from cooking all day. Yuck! I would much rather throw everything in for dinner and still have it come out just as good. :)

Reaction score
I love using my slow cooker but I must admit it gets the most rotation in the winter and fall. Now that I see this I realize how well a slow cooker can work when it is hot outside. This is a great way to keep from heating up the house durring the summer.

Reaction score
Yes! I pretty much love my slow cooker as well. The possibilities are endless. You can even do dessert in your slow cooker. I have a small, medium and a large slow cooker so I'm pretty serious about them! :) I seem to be getting busier and busier and it's so nice to just throw it all in the crock pot and it's pretty much ready when you get home. Whoever invented this little device is a genius!

Ask a Question