Small Holiday Cookies

Reaction score
Hello there. I was wondering if you have some favourite small holiday cookies. I remembered one of my most adored one and found out that it had been voted the best holiday cookie from all around the world in popular online food magazine Food52. Basically these are called Vanilice ( Small Vanilla Cookies) and they are part or every Serbian table on holidays. You really have to try these. They just melt in your mouth. Please post some recipes of your favourite cookies for this part of the year. I could write recipe for you but I will post the food52 thread about these small delights. ( bragging a bit :) )

http://food52.com/blog/15000-an-heirloom-cookie-essential-on-the-serbian-holiday-table

Reaction score
Yummy, those look delicious! I know no Serbians, so I know nothing about their cooking, but this looks fascinating! I love cookies of any kind, and these look so easy to make; thanks for sharing! As for me I love Danish butter cookies for any season:

20140421102300_IMG_1012.JPG

This is a nice variant for the holidays: http://www.thecandidappetite.com/2014/12/19/holiday-danish-butter-cookies/

Reaction score
Yummy, those look delicious! I know no Serbians, so I know nothing about their cooking, but this looks fascinating! I love cookies of any kind, and these look so easy to make; thanks for sharing! As for me I love Danish butter cookies for any season :

These are great. I actually ate them frequently while I was working in a hotel on Malta. The process is the same but they them Butter Cookies. I used to eat whole tray and few glasses of milk. Thank you for reminder I believe I will make them now or tomorrow. Top 10 for me.

Reaction score
Awww, I'm glad to read you liked the recipe :) Butter cookies have and will always be my favorite cookies ever! I could eat a whole box, they are so addictive aren't they? They're even better when they bake them a bit longer than they should ;)

Ask a Question