Smokers

Reaction score
are they consider baking ? :)

i do have an off set one and have finally figured out how to use it well,I can bake a killer ham and chicken thighs that are great

I try to pick up enough meat to get me by for the month and then put it in the Smoker and then freeze it,I still have a problem with a whole turkey,being to dry,I've been told to brine it first,I'm going to try that before thanksgiving,it seems I have bragged and now I get to make one for the family ,I do need to experiment on one first,

I would post a picture,but I lost them all a month or so ago,in the great Computer Crash of 2015 :) and they were lost

I have found some from a Sports Forum that I am one a lot,this is my smoker and it will be loaded to the gills again in about a week or so :) I do have to say,that I love me some smoked meat

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 384
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 338
Reaction score
I love to the taste of smoked meal, sadly we don't do it so often anymore (weather, mood, health concerns,etc), but in the new place we plan to do it more often during the summer :) I love the taste of a good grilled sausage, or a good piece of meat! Yumm!!! I love ''baked'' potatoes!!!!

Reaction score
Yum those photos have got my mouth watering! :D

My brother has a smoker, and he makes the most amazing pulled pork. Takes a full day though, but it's worth it.

One of the more unusual things he did was a 'Swineapple' - a whole pineapple stuffed with a pork fillet, wrapped in bacon. Sounds weird, but it was gorgeous :)

Reaction score

My brother has a smoker, and he makes the most amazing pulled pork. Takes a full day though, but it's worth it.

One of the more unusual things he did was a 'Swineapple' - a whole pineapple stuffed with a pork fillet, wrapped in bacon. Sounds weird, but it was gorgeous :)

OMG that sound divine, Becky. I've never heard of a Swineapple, but now I'm going to be craving it. I don't even know anyone with a smoker, but I'm going to have to see if I can find a recipe!

PS, I came to the thread thinking it was going to be about smoking tobacco in the house affecting cooking time or something similar ;).

O.k., I'm off to look up Swineapple recipes.

Ooh, I found an oven recipe: http://choicecuisine.blogspot.com/2015/05/swineapple-recipe.html

Reaction score

you have me wondering what a 'Swineapple will taste like too Becky :) and what is a rasher of bacon Diane ? from the looks of it,a slice of bacon lol and the
Historic Lynchburg Tennessee Whiskey Swineapple Rib Glaze & Dippin' Sauce in that recipe just looks like a bottle of Jack daniels BBQ sauce

Reaction score
ok I've been study that recipe,I assume you skin the pineapple and cut the bottom off and stuff it with pork ? and instead of it using a pork rib,it would be a tenderloin instead ? i 've never skinned a pine apple either,I assume that is no biggie ?

Reaction score
ok I've been study that recipe,I assume you skin the pineapple and cut the bottom off and stuff it with pork ? and instead of it using a pork rib,it would be a tenderloin instead ? i 've never skinned a pine apple either,I assume that is no biggie ?

Yep, you just cut the skin off with a sharp knife :)

Reaction score
Yep, you just cut the skin off with a sharp knife :)

you are making me want a pine apple lol,it is a shame that my smoker will be full this coming Saturday,I've got chicken thighs a whole chicken and part of a pork butt thawing all ready and will buy some sausages to cover it up

i want some swine apple now lol I posted the recipe on my sports forum and it looks like a race to see who makes one first :) and it is go Vols this weekend,wohoo i got in a sports reference on my baking forum lol

Reaction score
I absolutely love smoked meat! Smoked salmon is my favorite and my dad just caught a bunch and is going to smoke some and share with the family...oh how he loves retirement!

Reaction score

Love the combination of pork or bacon with pineapple.
For some reason it just reminds me of Hawaii so I guess it brings back good memories! They have a dish called Kalua pig which is basically smoked pork that's cooked in the ground! It's so good. Man...getting hungry thinking about all this deliciousness!

Reaction score
here is another round with the smoker :) that is a pork butt on the pizza pan,sorta, it was small and had more of the knee joint in it lol that is chicken thighs in the foil packs,when the temperature hits around 135 degrees Fahrenheit,I wrap em with a pat of butter and some BBQ sauce to help them from being to dry and that is a whole chicken with them

oh I used some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce

and some Uncle Henry's Apple Chipotle rub and Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning rub on the meat,it is really good :) and I did let it sit in the fridge for a couple of days before the smoking,with the rubs

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 332
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 366
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 378
Reaction score
I absolutely love smoked meat! Smoked salmon is my favorite and my dad just caught a bunch and is going to smoke some and share with the family...oh how he loves retirement!
I've never smoked any fish,what does he do with them before smoking them ?

Reaction score
" I wrap em with a pat of butter and some BBQ sauce to help them from being to dry"

I meant to say wrap them in aluminum foil and then add a pat of butter and your favorite BBQ sauce

Ask a Question